Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 18th & Thurs 20th Sept

With the 2nd Hatfield 5km on Wednesday those of you who are racing will want a short easy run on Tuesday with some strides and a recovery run on Thursday. However, for those who are not racing blue and green group session on Tuesday will be 4 or 5 Bedford Rd bumps (1.2M) at between 10km and HM pace with 90s recovery. On Thursday blues and greens have a fartlek of 10 x 2 mins with 1 min easier running between each effort.

Purple group's session on Tuesday is 4 x 1000m at St Francis with 2 mins recovery and on Thursday purples will also be enjoying a fartlek of 10 x 1 min with 1 min easier running between each effort. The fartlek will start after a warm up of 8 mins easier running and will be followed by a cool down of 5 mins.

Pete and Karen are away on holiday from 19th - 29th September so no coached track sessions on 22nd or 29th although you can DIY paying FVS £2 for track hire. John Auld has kindly agreed to organise blue group in our absence:)

Brian will post yellow group sessions.

Re: Training Tues 18th & Thurs 20th Sept

Great training planned there Karen I'm running Hatfield so will do accordingly but like the warm up cool down plan too and love 10 x 1 minute not sure what I can can't attend this week but will go do that on my own if need be :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Training Tues 18th & Thurs 20th Sept

Tuesday 18th - Ladder - 5/4/3/2 mins (1min/2mins) on Icknield Way

Thursday 20th - 4 x 1k Bedford Rd bumps - 2 mins recovery