Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on Sheila Leavy following fall at Harvest Trail today.

Sheila tripped over a tree root while taking part in the Harvest Trail Quarter Marathon today. She had to wait a couple of hours for an ambulance to reach her due to the difficulty of getting an ambulance to the off road location. They got a four wheel drive ambulance through the fields and down the path and this took her to the main ambulance waiting on the A10. She is at the Lister hospital. Ally Blunt has spoken to her son and she has been told that she has a fractured pelvis, dislocated hip and also chipped hip. She also has cuts and bruises. She had gas and air and intravenous paracetamol while waiting on the path to help with the pain. At hospital they tried to realign the hip under sedation but couldn’t so she is now having surgery. When she has surgery on her pelvis she will most likely be transferred to Addenbrooks.

Re: Update on Sheila Leavy following fall at Harvest Trail today.

My goodness poor Sheila! Get well soon x

Oh God that's terrible news. Hope all goes well with the operation and she recovers soon.

This is really sad news thinking of Shiela who would have thought that you could get such nasty injuries from doing something you love 😢 so sad get well soon Shiela xx

An awful outcome. Message from her son, Jamie, a short while ago - operation at 10 pm got leg back in the socket. Sheila then needs a scan to determine if there are any more bone fragments. Move to Addenbrooks likely for further surgery.
:anguished:

So sorry to hear this. Sounds awful. Thank you, Brian and Lucy, for the updates.

So sorry to hear about Sheila’s fall. Shows how bad injuries can be after a fall. My thoughts are with her and hope she makes a speedy recovery. Such a lovely kind lady.

Oh no, poor Sheila. Hope you aren't in too much discomfort and that you recover soon xxx

Oh no, this is terrible. Poor Sheila. Thanks Lucy, Ali and Brian for the updates.

Sheila- sending you all the best and a quick recovery, what a horrible thing to happen.

Thanks for keeping us updated

Kelly x

My thoughts are with you Sheila. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Oh my goodness what a story. Lots of love to you Sheila, if you fall wrong the effects can be awful. And of course, runners can be terrible patients- behave yourself young lady! Hopefully see you soon x

Praying that God will grant all the skill and patience to the surgeons, professionals and carers on this long road back. Thoughts with the family at this difficult time. Get well soon Sheila.

Oh dear, that’s awful. Get better soon Sheila, we are thinking of you.

This sounds dreadful! It never ceases to shock me how badly runners seem to manage to injure themselves. I hope the pain is now under control and that recovery is a speedy as can be hope for.

All the best for a quick recovery Sheila

So sorry to hear this Sheila. I hope the pain is under control and all the best for your recovery. X

So sorry to hear this Sheila. I hope you make a speedy recovery soon xx

Jo

Best wishes Sheila, hope you can make a speedy recovery!

Devastated to hear this Sheila. Praying for the speediest recovery as possible for you... xxx

Oh that's awful! Best wishes Sheila fingers crossef for a full & speedy recovery

So sorry to hear this Sheila.... thinking of you and wishing you a full and speedy recovery Xx

what a nasty accident, I hope you are not in too much pain and wishing you a speedy recovery.

It was shocking to hear about your fall, Sheila. Hoping your pain is under control now and operation goes well. It will be for a while for you to recover from this awful injury but when you recover, let's go for a nice gentle jog together (could be in a pool?)
Coincidently, I had falls too earlier this month, twice in a week! When its happened for the second time, I knew it was not my carelessness but something wrong with my foot. My friend suggested I might have 'floating toes' very common among old people. Yes, indeed I have them which affect my balance when I trip or at the weight bearing moment. Check out your toes, just in case.
Please let us know when we can visit you in the hospital. Cheer up.

Sheila - sorry to hear about your horrible accident but really great to see you at Standalone today. Wishing you all the best and hope to see you back on your feet before too long.
All the best.
😊