Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
100 days...

I set myself a challenge this year to run 300 times. It was triggered by my sister who ran every day last year. Jan-June I was well on target but hadn't yet managed to run every day in a month. July I managed it. Followed by August. I was now on target to run 100 consecutive days - and today was that 100th day!

Most days are only a quick 2 miles round the woods but that is all it takes.

This has been an interesting challenge and, whilst most runs are short and slow, has definitely had a positive effect both physically and psychologically on my running. Give it a go!

Re: 100 days...

well done Jo!

more of us should do this....I am amazed at people's reactions (mainly, disbelief) when they find that running every day makes a significant difference to their running, either by making their running easier or just getting faster - of course it will make a difference!

It's pretty straight forward really - the more you do it, the better you will get (up to a point!)

Work it into your daily routine and it soon becomes a habit that's hard to break.

Now....what about double days?!

Well done Jo...was just thinking i needed to do a run everyday thing again!

I just need to find out a why to 'sell' this to the rest of the family, but definitely worth considering...if I don't get injured at 4th-day-in-a-row :)

they key to doing this is to remember that some runs need to be very very easy...

6 IT sessions a week certainly wouldn't help :)

Well done Jo

I usually run everyday, not had many off this year. I agree that easy running is key, 3 times a week i run slowly

Well done Jo! A great habit to form.

Dave

Lindsay
they key to doing this is to remember that some runs need to be very very easy...
In my case the key to this is pretty much ALL the runs are very, very easy!

Seriously though, physically running becomes surprisingly comfortable and psychologically it is just something I do every day rather than something I plan and fuss about and try to find a reason to put off until tomorrow. Some days are easier than others but all are stress free - it's just a little run!

ideally you want to end up where the thought of taking a day OFF running is something you try to put off or avoid....just don't tell Karen that though!

Running on a daily basis, no matter how far or fast, has many benefits....

Think I need to try this to try and get some fitness back, at the moment I'm only managing two runs a week :scream:

Why not try every day in October...

I think I might...

Does dog walking count around an hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon every single day?! 🐕🐕

Sorry Sue but no! But if you got those lazy dogs to run...

6 days and counting Jo...

So.…. How are the 'Every Day' runners getting on? Anyone still on target for October? I moved house at the beginning of the month so my run ended at 107 days but I am sure that this method must have had something to do with my performance today! 2 miles a day for 6 days is a lot easier and less stressful to fit in than 6 miles every 3 days which means there is a better chance that it will get done!

Ok Jo you’ve got my interest, looking at running every day in November, wish me luck

Ive been going for 32 days. It has made so much difference. Running seems normal, no aches or stiffness. I feel stronger and my breathing is better. I am so pleased you got me in to this jo. My aim is to keep going until Christmas now 😊🏃🏽‍♀️

I did a couple of weeks then slightly stalled...but I am back on it now, I think I really suit little and often training, it definitely has a positive effect on me. and i really quite enjoy the super short runs ;-)

I'm on day 31 now. I was going to stop after tomorrow as was just trying every day in October but I think I may try and keep it going.

Day One

Fantastic! Good to see that everyone who has tried has enjoyed and felt the benefit of it even if they didn't manage the whole month. Good luck Nessa! Once you've done November you may as well do December as well!

Running every day in December also 🤷‍♀️!!! ho ho ho 🎅 you’re funny

Well I managed to run 8 days on the trot & feeling pretty good too, quite enjoying it in fact, till I decided to just run a couple of miles to break in my new trainers, but instead of breaking in my trainers I fell over & broke in my face instead. I now have a very fat lip all bruised & blooded, a broken front tooth, grazes on both knees & right shoulder & a headache ever since. Oh the joys of running to keep fit

Oh no Nessa that's terrible! You are however now a member of the Fell Flat On My Face While Running club of which we seem to have quite a few members... Your injuries sound pretty similar to Sue's when she head-butted the tow path whilst trying to run alongside the Grand Union Canal from Birmingham to London! I hope you are on the mend and will be back running again soon.

Well you made me laugh Jo, nearly split my lip doing so, but to be a member of the Fell Flat On My Face club I feel quite important as it’s sooo exclusive