Anything interesting happen this weekend? I for one am still finding my feet after the Richmond Marathon. Feels weird to not be either running somewhere or thinking about running somewhere so it is nice that I can write a report about you wonderful people running somewhere.
Give me all the details so I can envisage it as if I ran it myself.
MILTON KEYNES HALF - I’m the first to report only because this event was a bit unusual, it was run on a Saturday & didn’t start till 1pm, so no extorinadry early walk for the dog before running & I got to lie in the next day, win win. As usual I thoroughly enjoyed it, all traffic free, time : 2.22.52
Please also include Vanessa Rolfe's report from last week:
SHEFFIELD 10K - Flying from Leeds Bradford airport for a week in Guernsey with my sister; on the way home I sneaked in this very hilly run, throughly enjoyed it - time : 65.15, would certainly recommend this event if ever you find yourself up north.
Hi hitchen town 5 k today another PB for me Hayley cocks by about half a minute now 31. 44 last year did this race in 36.50 wow I think training has paid off......
Stuart cocks ran it in 22.13
Abbi cocks got a 2 minute PB on this course with 28.48 Abbi had to be attended by the paramedics after pure exhaustion but I'm pleased to say she's recovered ok she really pushed herself super proud of her but she better get training mum is catching up she came 172 out of 281.
I also completed the 5k hitchin run. Getting a PB Knocking 2 mins 11 seconds off my last PB x
Pleased Abbie is feeling better x
I ran the 5k too, 21:16 final time, not much satisfied with it though...
I took part in the 3000 metres at the Biggleswade AC open meet yesterday.
I ran a time of 9:40 and finished 1st in a mixed field.
Pleased with time and glad to nail a track 3000 before the season ends shortly.
I did the Hitchin 5K,my first ever 5K race,chip time 26:40, gun time 26:52, and its a PB for me. Never thought I could finish at this time so I'm really chuffed!
I also ran the Hitchin 5k today and finished in a time of 26.55 and 1st V70. It was quite a tough course with lots of twists and turns. It was well organised and the marshals encouraged everyone.
Hitchin 5k today-my first competitive run for nearly 12 months. Time 32 mins 38 secs chip time-seemed to be slightly longer course than last year and full of twists and turns.
results for hitchin town centre 5km are here https://www.racesonline.uk/results/2018-results/hitchin-town-centre-5k-2018/:
2. 1. 377 Mark VAUGHAN MV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:17:01 0:17:17 85.3%
25. 1. 172 Paula HOLM FV30 North Herts Road Runners 0:20:52 0:20:51 72.2%
26. 8. 99 James DALTON MV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:20:57 0:20:55 67.2%
29. 12. 21 Niccolo BASSANI MV30 North Herts Road Runners 0:21:19 0:21:16 62.2%
30. 4. 154 Richard HARBON MV50 North Herts Road Runners 0:21:22 0:21:20 72.3%
36. 2. 59 Helen CAIRNS FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:21:34 0:21:33 72.2%
52. 11. 80 Stuart COCKS MV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:22:15 0:22:13 62.4%
66. 11. 35 Jillian BOYS FV30 North Herts Road Runners 0:23:02 0:22:59 64.9%
84. 16. 326 John RUSSELL MV50 North Herts Road Runners 0:24:13 0:24:05 63.7%
102. 4. 155 Jo HARBON FV50 North Herts Road Runners 0:25:21 0:25:18 68.1%
124. 6. 378 Sue VAUGHAN FV50 North Herts Road Runners 0:26:34 0:26:31 62.8%
131. 13. 7 Lewina AGIUS FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:26:52 0:26:40 57.1%
133. 1. 366 Ian SUTCLIFFE MV70+ North Herts Road Runners 0:26:58 0:26:55 67.3%
189. 24. 87 Lindsay COOK FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:29:57 0:29:49 51.6%
209. 2. 364 Joy STROUD FV70+ North Herts Road Runners 0:31:05 0:30:50 67.9%
210. 29. 36 Shani FIELDING FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:31:05 0:30:56 50.9%
213. 39. 239 Helen MARSON-SMITH FV30 North Herts Road Runners 0:31:09 0:31:01 48.2%
222. 41. 81 Hayley COCKS FV30 North Herts Road Runners 0:31:53 0:31:44 47.3%
235. 7. 299 Geoff PETTENGELL MV60 North Herts Road Runners 0:33:01 0:32:38 52.3%
251. 42. 149 Kelly HANLON FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:34:48 0:34:26 45.1%
259. 44. 327 Randeep SANDHER FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:36:38 0:36:16 41.6%
265. 46. 211 Jo KENLIN FV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:37:15 0:36:52 41.8%
Hitchin Town Centre 5km is a lovely race, 2 x 2.5km laps with a nice community feel. A bit windy and tricky underfoot though.
I was really pleased to dip under 30 minutes, enjoyed my run and so lovely to see so many people supporting too!
This should be W/E 30th September !
After finishing Great North Run 3weeks ago with a PB of 01:35:00, I honestly thought that was as fast as I could manage.
Today at the Windsor 1/2 Marathon, I was truly delighted with my new PB of 01:31:41.. The training really is paying off 😀
See you all at Standalone next week 👍
It was the last instalment of the 2018 Bedford Sprint Triathlon series today and my 12th consecutive entry (3 races per year for the last four years). I completed in 1:31:16, which was my third best result for the course. 94th overall.
Due to a timing equipment issue at todays race I do not have an official result so I don't know my age group position.
I also took part in the Hitchin Town 5k today and achieved a new PB of 22.59, which I’m really pleased with considering how windy and tricky the course was with having to stay on pavements, run through narrow alleys and avoid other pedestrians. I had a great time though and really enjoyed the challenge!
I have emailed you a photo of the team before the race.
The England Masters Inter-area cross-country challenge was on Saturday at Bury St Edmonds. Two races, women (all ages) + Men 65+ (6km) and then men (35-60), 8km. A flat & fast course over varied terrain, in glorious sunshine. I was 8th in the men's race (first M50). Yuko Gordon was first W65 in her race. We were both members of the winning East region team (this involves a rather complex scoring scheme, based on age-graded times, 10 men + 5 women per team). The race is also being used as a "selection guide" for the upcoming Britain/Ireland Masters' cross-country international in November.