Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
#RunandTalk - Thursday 11th October

NHRR are running a #RunAndTalk event on Thursday 11th October to support World Mental Health Day. The aim of the event is to encourage people to #RunAndTalk to improve their mental health and wellbeing through running.

This night gives everyone a chance to go on an easy social run/jog/walk (just like coach Karen encourages), get chatting to old friends and make new ones too. Afterwards we’ll be having hot drinks and cake back at Spirella, we all know runners love cake! 😉

Any bakers out there able to bring cakes along on the night please post below. 🎂🍰🎂🍰

You are welcome to bring along any friends, family, neighbours, colleagues etc to this all inclusive event.

Happy #RunandTalk-ing squirrels 🐿 🏃🏼‍♀️

Naomi, Chief chatter and cake enthusiast

Re: #RunandTalk - Thursday 11th October

We’ll be there with cake:). Thank you for organising this Naomi, love a social run and natter with friends. Always look forward to club evenings:)

Great idea - I'll be there with cake. I might also eat cake!

Very happy to support you through eating Cake Naomi - we will bring a batch. If you need the coffee thermos things from the FSOTM just let us know and we'll bring them too. Great idea though, chatting and running is a great pastime. xx

Is this going on the Facebook page so we can share it to friends and family and those in need of a chat? and more importantly CAKE :cake:
Will be a great night

I will be there Naomi. I am no baker but please let me know if I can do something to help in organising or running the evening.

Happy to run and chat with anyone.

Thanks for the bakers offering cake so far! More cake is always appreciated 🎂🎂

There will be an invite going up on Facebook tonight so you can invite your friends family etc :)

We will need a few people to man the hot drinks station, so Andrew if you could help there that would be fab!

Don’t forget World Mental Health day on Wednesday 10th October, why don’t you invite a friend out for a coffee or cake or even a run! 🏃🏼‍♀️🎂

I will be there with cake - any excuse to do some baking! Also looking forward to running and chatting with everyone :blush: :yum:

Will definitely be there and happy to help with drinks afterwards. Do you need any extra big tea pots Naomi?

Eileen will bake some ginger muffins.:rice_cracker:

Thanks for all the cake offers, there will be some happy runners on Thursday!

Also we now have a Facebook event, please share this and use it invite your friends and family along.

Looking forward to sharing some of my story of mental health and running, along with some wellbeing tips #RunandTalk

I will bring some gluten free mini lemon drizzle cakes 🎂☕
(Can't have them eating shop bought cake !!!)

We will bring cake 😊

I'll bring a cake of some sort. Can either help or walk.

Thank you for all the baking offers, there are going to be plenty of happy runners!

I am going to make some dairy and gluten free cupcakes ☺️

Naomi P
Thanks for the bakers offering cake so far! More cake is always appreciated 🎂🎂

There will be an invite going up on Facebook tonight so you can invite your friends family etc :)

We will need a few people to man the hot drinks station, so Andrew if you could help there that would be fab!

Don’t forget World Mental Health day on Wednesday 10th October, why don’t you invite a friend out for a coffee or cake or even a run! 🏃🏼‍♀️🎂
I'm good for manning the hot drinks Naomi.

Yesssss that caters for me 😔 fabulous

I'll bring some cake, not sure what yet, probably chocolate and vanilla marble traybake.

I'm bringing gluten free banana bread with peanut butter frosting, and hopefully also an apple cake if I have enough baking time tonight!

Am baking an apple cake for tomorrow. :)