Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 6th October

Please post any race results for the press report before 7pm.

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 6th October

33.33 at standalone today for 4th place & a massive 48 second pb.

An absolute honour to represent the club when so many others are working hard to make the wonderful event happen. Thanks so much for the fantastic support out on course

Firstly a big thank you to all who ran and helped at Standalone today while I sloped off to enjoy myself in Chester.

I had as good a day as it gets to be honest. The morning started chilly and dry and kept that way, so all in all almost perfect race conditions for the Chester Marathon. I came 41st overall with a chip time of 02:43:16 and 2nd MV50 (this is a PB by over a minute, and almost 5 minutes faster than I achieved here last year). I was 1st MV50 in the combined England vs Celtic nations Masters Marathon challenge (nice shiny gold medal), and 2nd in the British Masters MV50 category. To cap it all I achieved the 3rd highest age grading in the England Masters Marathon Team, so have been invited to attend an England Athletics marathon development programme weekend (normally limited to sub 02:28 if a man) - how could I say no ? Feeling very happy now, and looking forward to my first beer in a month πŸ˜€πŸΊπŸΊ

Looking at the results Lucy Hurley and Naomi Parkinson finished in 04:18:47 and 04:07:20 respectively, so well done to them both as well.

Standalone 10k time 45.22 finished in 233 place and a new 5k pb from this race of 21.05 so very happy overall

Inspirational, Nick! superb!

Utterly delighted with a 10k PB at today’s Standalone of 41:09.

Very humbled by the stunning organisation and support from NHRR and the good folks of Letchworth.

I got a bit swamped chatting to friends that I completely forgot to help with marshalling the Fun Run.. soooo sorry 😬.

What a day though, what a truely inspiration event for the area we all live in.

Thank you NHRR πŸ‘

How long was the awards ceremony Nick?!

Well done!

John,

England Athletics awards started at 13:30, with the BMAF starting at about 14:00. All over by about 14:15. England registration was at 7:30 this morning, with the team photo at 8:00 so a long day for a relatively quick run. Luckily we were staying just a 2 minute walk from the start / finish.

Mine is Hatfield 3 race series.... For me this was an epic series I started race 1 on a PB of 36.25 I did race 1... in 34.38 race 2.... 32.12 and race 3.... 30.45 how's that for huge progression I totally enjoyed that series and even changed my day off to make the last race next goal is a sub 30 but I'm more than happy with taking off almost 6 minutes in 1 series over 1 month
Hayley cocks

What great results this weekend home and away.

Special congrats to Nick on an awesome marathon performance. Really tremendous!