Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 9th, Thurs 11th & Sat 13th October

For all those of you who raced Standalone it's recovery run time on Tuesday and an opportunity to run easy with friends and enjoy another chat about the race:) Blue and green group session on Tuesday is 7 x Wheat Hill with 75s or 90s recovery between each rep, yellow's session is 5 x Haymoor Hill 1K reps with 2 mins recovery whilst purple session is a ladder of 2 x 2/3/4/5 mins with 60s recovery between each rep starting from Grange roundabout.

On Thursday the club is hosting our #runandtalk event to promote awareness of mental well-being. There are no formal sessions but we hope you will come along to enjoy a run and some cake. If you want to work a bit harder we can always sort a fabulous fartlek. Please feel free to invite any friends or family to this evening.

On Saturday I would be happy to coach track or Chicksands. If you would like either session please post below and we'll go with the majority. Happy running with NHRR:)

Re: Training Tues 9th, Thurs 11th & Sat 13th October

What will be happening at chicksands please Karen?

If there is a demand for a Chicksands session this would an off road rep session and an ideal introduction to XC. I will plan the session once I know the athletes attending but it would be suitable for all abilities.

Karen

Chicksands is on my doorstep so if there is a possibility of training there I would be interested.

Jo

Thanks Jo. I will ask around at the club tomorrow night and will confirm by 9pm Wednesday if Chicksands is on so that you can plan your weekend. I would usually meet 9am for a 1 hour session. Would this timing suit?

I’m keen to do Chicksands on Saturday Karen. :)

I'm interested to do chicksands Karen x

Time is fine for me

I would like to do a Chicksands session if it was on offer - had a lovely run there recently in the autumn sunshine :sunny:

Chicksands is a tough session....will be doing Perkins on Sunday, so will be taking it easy on Saturday.

Will be up for it next time.....good XC training!

I would like to come to chicksands please Karen. I think Babs is in too.

What kind of training will you be doing at chicksands please Karen never been before just so I know what to expect.

Was looking foward to this however come down with a nasty cough cold sorry I couldn't attend.