Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All runners please read - lights!

Coaching on Grange Road on Tuesday I was concerned that I was unable to see any of the blue group athletes who were wearing hi-viz bibs or shirts but fortunately I could see those with lights. Given that the modern street lighting does not throw as much light and that the trees in our beautiful Garden City are still full of leaves could I please ask all runners to consider investing in a light. This could be an arm band, shoe strap, chest light or headlight but if very bright consideration needs to be given to other athletes if the course means that you are running towards other athletes in your group. In addition, we had some feedback from a pedestrian walking down The Broadway who was an epileptic and was concerned about a flashing light on the back of a runner. I am hopefully off to Decathlon tomorrow to invest in a light so that the athletes can also see their coach:) I know many of you already use lights and your safety and that of pedestrians is obviously very important to us. Be safe, be seen:)

Re: All runners please read - lights!

Good point...
... and trisports have some on sale!! I got one today for when I start running with you again guys.