Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 28 Oct 2018

Hi,

Please add race reports to the thread below. The deadline is 7pm today. Please don’t forget to include full names and all relevant details. Anything I can use as a quote will be much appreciated. Please send any photos to price.edward7@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Ed

Re: Press report for week ending 28 Oct 2018

Sue Vaughan raced at the Great Denham parkrun on Saturday morning.

Since the last time I ran this parkrun, the course has been reversed to make the start a bit wider, and arriving a bit late I had to do a quick warmup and a detour to get to the start - not ideal preparations! The conditions were very cold, but perfect for running.

All this meant I started quicker than I intended, but managed to keep the pace up and finished first in my age category in a time of 25:41, which is 53 seconds off my previous PB!

Very happy with this result after a solid block of training recently, I celebrated with a healthy breakfast at a nearby café! No bacon rolls for me!

Sue

Snowdon Marathon Eryri...

I think we were all happy with our finish (I got an event pb by just under 3 minutes) for the others it was the first time doing the event.

Sue Foot - 4.44.58 (1st v65)
Paul Bowal - 5.03.39
Miranda Morgan - 5.13.43
Michelle Grudzinski - 5.13.59
Andy Grudzinski - 5.33.40

A bunch of squirrels ( do squirrels come in bunches?) went down to the Ricky road run today as it was the nhrr run of the month. It turned into perfect running conditions after a cold and rainy start. A lovely course although very hilly, and we got stuck behind a steam engine rally for a fair part of the way - interesting but smelly! We were all thrilled with our times - caroline Thrussell 1:17:29 which I think is a pb, or if not best for a very long time 😊And was first fv55 and county gold in the same category. Nhrr ladies also got 2nd team prize.
I think everyone else will post their own times.

Ricky 10 mile road run

Paula Holm, Caroline Thrussell, Dervla Downing, Lucy O’Connor, Russ Hagan and Jane Tyler ran this scenic and undulating 10 miler around the Chiltern villages of Chorleywood and Little Chalfont Thankfully the rain stopped and the sun came out just as the race started and stayed out for the duration. With us for some of the race were some vintage steam engines having a day out which was a bit different. I can confirm the following times but Paula and Caroline will send in their details separately.

Dervla Downing - a PB of 1:20:07
Lucy O’Connor - 1:21:49 & 2nd FV55 (Caroline Thrussell was 1st FV55 and broke the club record).
Russ Hagan ran his first ever 10 mile race in 1:28:54 and Jane Tyler who is recovering from a cycling injury finished in 1:46:30.

I will post a team/group photo.

Ricky Road Run - 10 miles

Was absolutely delighted to finish 3rd Lady and 3rd V35 in the County Champs with a massive 4 minute PB in a chip time if 1:10:49. The Squirrels also secured 2nd female team! Woke up with a cold, contemplated pulling out but drugged up and went! The first hill hits at about 200m and started seriously regretting my decision. My pace wasn't particularly consistent as the hills were steep on the ups and the downs (second hilliest race I have ever done!)
Friendly race, well organised, great marshalls, useful goody bag, lovely country lanes and a very reasonable entry fee. Thank to Linda for recommending it! Definitely worth the drive (and the family's disgruntlement at me doing ANOTHER Sunday race πŸ™ˆ).

Paula (Holm)

I went off to Luton for the Love Luton 10k (there was also a Half Marathon, but ran one 2 weeks and another one coming in 3 weeks...). Nice course, relatively ondulating with a nice downhill mile just after the start and then some nasty ups and downs, then straight to the finish in the town centre. We were blessed not to have any rain :) I finished 26th out of 388 with a chip time of 42:07, and had the chance (for the third time ever since I started running) to hear the speaker call my name and club just before the finish line, that did really make my day :)

Bury St Edmunds Marathon - no idea where this came from but having run no further than 11.2 miles in the last 10 weeks and rarely managing a weekly total of 20 miles in the last 6 weeks I somehow managed to run this in 3.45. That's my quickest time for 2 and a half years - and I've only gone quicker 10 times in 213 runs! Think it must be the 'run every day' training method kicking in!

4th lady, 1st FV50

Now Autumn is here, not only does that mean the start of XC season, but also ‘canicross’ season! Essentially cross country running with a dog (or dogs) attached to you! Yes, it’s a real sport and it is so much fun! πŸ•—πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️

I took part in the Loki 10k trail run in Thetford on Sunday with my chocolate lab Poppy and we managed to bag a new PB together – 47.58. A lovely course that followed along the Little Ouse River and then around and through part of the beautiful forest of Thetford. Poppy celebrated with a good dunk in the river afterwards πŸ’¦πŸ•

I ran the Luton half this morning - finished in 2.03 which I was pleased with as its the furthest i've run since i picked up an ankle injury at the Hitchin Half. It's a great local race - well supported and undulating course. It starts in Stockwood Park, runs through the grounds of Luton Hoo and then has a final flurry through Wardown Park finishing in the town centre. Well worth trying next year!

Niccolo and Adam W, please let me know your surnames.

Hay Ed, its Bassani and Wilson that well known law firm.