Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RED January

RED-dy....Set....Go!!

For the last few years the mental health charity Mind have partnered with RED January to help support people’s mental health, start the year right, beat the blues away and raise money.

“Support your mental health this January by doing something active every single day. If it’s running 5k, or walking to work a new way, a morning swim or just taking the bike for a spin – join the thousands of people around the UK kick-starting their 2019 in the most positive way.”

I’d like to encourage as many squirrels as possible to get signed up and involved! It’s free to sign up, and £10 if you want the RED technical top (yes it’s the colour red too!)

For more info and to sign up follow this link...
https://redtogether.co.uk

Re: RED January

Registered and T-shirt ordered :-)

Great to hear you’ve signed up Andrew!

This sounds fun! I'll sign up :nerd_face:

Great idea. Signed up.

Kelly

I’ve signed up as well, thanks for making us aware of this Naomi:)

I have signed up!

I really like the idea of this, but daren't sign up at the moment as I don't know whether injury will still prevent me from completing the challenge come January ...:disappointed:

I've signed up.:+1:

Great idea Naomi, thankyou for making us aware of this :grinning:

So who is in? I started with a NYD parkrun...

Me too Lyndsay!

Sorry, Lindsay 😳

Lindsay
So who is in? I started with a NYD parkrun...
I'm in. I started with a New Year's Day Parkrun too. Mine was at Nostell Priory, a beautiful National Trust property with extensive estate parkland in West Yorkshire. It is a massive Parkrun; There were 645 finishers! I saw two other RED January T-shirts there, as well as my own.

I’ve signed up and did Stevenage Park Run today.

I'm signed up too! Started with a double NYD parkrun at Panshanger, then Ellenbrook Fields :+1:

Okay, so who came up with RED January? Couldn't they think up RED July or August or some other month where it's warm and sunny???

Well done to those who got out today. I pulled on my brightest leggings (covered in bright pink Chesire cats!) And made it out for a 3.6 mile run....

See you all at tomorrow's run and talk...

Ok so I might a bit late to the party, mainly due to 4 days of hiking in Cornwall, which I'm going to count as it's all about being positive. 🙃 So started today with an attempt at fsom, came over wobbly and had to stop but have since been out and managed a steady 5k plod.

It worked so well for me in September so I'm definitely up for RED January. I keep trying to sell it to everyone who's doing dry January - which I can't see the point of at all 😅 Happy New Year 🏃🏽‍♀️

Glad you are feeling less wobbly Caroline!