Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 4 Nov 2018

Hi,
Please add race reports to the thread below. The deadline is 7pm today. Please don’t forget to include full names and all relevant details. Anything I can use as a quote will be much appreciated. Please send any photos to John . Michael . Auld @ googlemail . Com (without spaces)

Best of luck to all squirrels racing today! #BELIEVE

Re: Press report for week ending 4 Nov 2018

Stuart cocks done Stevenage half marathon this morning totally buzzing got new pb 1.43.58 knocking nearly a minute of my old time was a nice course 😁👊💪👍🐿

This morning (Sunday 4th) I completed the Histon Bonfire Burn 10k. It was my first race as a squirrel and I'm pleased to report that I got a personal best of 51.02, knocking over a minute and a half off my previous 10k record. It's a good 10k if you are looking for a PB as it's fairly flat, taking in the Cambridgeshire villages of Histon and Impington, following the Cambridge guided busway, skirting around the edge of the science park and along some country footpaths to the finish. A well organised event with about 1000 runners. Recommended.

Cross country results

Still waiting for the full details, will update with more detail when I get them.

However the zist is that the Men were 2nd, the Ladies were also 2nd! - meaning overall we are leading! wooo hoo! Great start!

We also had 46 runners turn out as well as a bunch of helpers and supporters. Special thanks to Jim and Sam for taking the scores down for us.

I'll list the results after this, as will take me a little while to type them out as well as decipher Jims hand writing. :wink:

Massive thanks to all who turned out. :+1:

Don't we all look fantastic in out kit?!

Great to see the mugs out in force too!

On a personal note, I really had the best fun today! Really pleased to see us all there bright eyed and bushy tailed. Fantastic to get a great result to start us off. I've had a smile on my face all day.

If anybody has any quotes, please let me have them for the report.

#TeamNHRR

I don't have the Ladies category positions yet, but will update when I do.

These are the overall position in the race as this is how the overall combined competition is scored.

Well done to the scoring teams of Astrid, Paula, Jane and Caroline. Tom, Adam, Darren S, Matt, Stewart, John R, Darren M and Rob.

4, Tom Web
6, Adam Bowler
7, Darren Sunter
12, Matt Sayers
21, Stewart Overton
35, John Rayner
36, Darren Matussa
38, Rob Harris
46, Nick Malpeli
57, James Keogh
69, Vince Wright
71, Adrian Sherwood
74, John Auld
78, James Walsh
80, Lee Hayes
86, Astrid Mckeown
87, David Welch
113, Paula Adams
114, Ian Dalton
120, Pete Sibbett
140, Jane Clarke
145, Dan Martin
164, Darren Bonham
166, Richard Harbon
177, Caroline Thrussell
194, Ellie Web
203, James Drew
211, Dan Mallott
212, Andrew Underhill
243, Gillian Boys
246, Chris Poole
253, Johnny Spinks
283, Helen Harbon
292, Hannah Keeble
303, Linda Aird
310, Jo Harbon
312, Russ Hagan
315, Matt Ankers
340, Karren Dodsworth
341, Paul Bowal
343, Geoff Murray-Rochard
361, Andrew Porter
398, Alison Blunt
409, Linsday Cook
429, Joy Stroud
434, Brian Judkins

STEVENAGE HALF - I completed in 2.25.18. There were 5 squirrels in total also at this event but I’m sorry I’m struggling to find the results for all on the FVS website

Nessa
STEVENAGE HALF - I completed in 2.25.18. There were 5 squirrels in total also at this event but I’m sorry I’m struggling to find the results for all on the FVS website
Nessa, can you please give your full name?

Thank you, John, for posting the XC results and for overseeing such a fab start to the season. Great to see us topping the table!

Well done to all our brilliant runners for a stellar set of performances on a tough course and thanks to our supporters as well. Delighted to be part of it all this morning.

Cara Sutton and Dervla Downing completed the half marathon. It is great course, hilly in places but running through Fairlands was lovely. We both got previous PBs; Cara took 8 minutes off her previous one to come in at 2:03:12 and Dervla took 5 minutes off to come in at 1:46:23. We were very happy. It is a very well organised and marshalled event.

Sorry this should say it was the Stevenage half and I’ve emailed photos

Hi John A, sorry just read your question, my name is Vanessa Rolfe, sorry I was told to put full name & I forgot

Thanks guys for the info.

The full XC results are still not available. I will publish here when they are....