Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our XC 16 Dec

Hi all. We are now organizing our own XC for 16 Dec. and need a number of marshals. We normally put on one of the best races and YOUR help will be appreciated. Please include your name here. Thanks Ian

Re: Our XC 16 Dec

I can marshal, set up etc . I will be in fancy dress!!

I can Marshal and help set up etc!

I'm hoping to be able to run - if my current injury status allows - but I'm happy to be there from early until late to help out before and after.

If I'm still injured I will be marshalling, of course.

More than happy to be on the marshal rota, but can’t stay too long after the event (although more than happy to be there until the last runner; e.g. last year did finish funnel).

Clare Hooley

I'm available to marshal. Far end of the course, at turn off the track,near Stotfold :santa:- please.

Should be ok to help marshal out on the course.

I’m happy to marshal, I’m keen to cheer on the team!

Hello happy to marshal!

Happy to be the tail runner as last year, or marshall somewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

Just to say that having spoken to Darren I am hoping that enough members will come forward to allow him to run as he could be in the scoring team:)

Marshmallowing for me please.
😛😛😛

Thanks to those that have volunteered so far. We will need about 20 all together. :santa: :snowman:

I am available to help marshal.

Hello Ian and Marshall Team

I would be very happy to help out. I was on tea and coffee duty last year and I’m happy to do that again if that’s okay or happy to help wherever else I’m needed.
Thanks
Randeep

We are free to help 😁

Hi, I’m happy to help and marshall 👍

I'm happy to Marshall and help out wherever needed 😊

Thanks to everyone that has volunteered so far. We will be putting a grid together so that everyone will know their position on the day.
Ian:santa:

Happy to help out either marshalling or with refreshments.

I can Marshall! Will be the closest I can get to XC this year !

I would like to run (as I think this is the only XC that I'm not working) but
happy to help before and after and if needed I'm happy to marshal.

Happy to Marshall or help with refreshments. Please nothing that starts early as driving back from a night away.

Marshalling

I would like to run if possible and can help with food prep. Ernie is able to help from 9.30. where needed

I can marshal 👍

If possible I would like to run as I've not made any so far but am happy to marshal if needed. Also happy to help before and after.

Anyone wanting to run can help by joining the food prep party - we will finish with more than ample time to warm up, at least an hour. Also marshalls can help with this too!

Absolutely everyone can bring along a purchased or made cake too!!

Happy to help (marshal) and will supply carols on the trumpet too! I can help with set up too

I would love to run as missed this one last year, but I’m happy to help before and after 😄

Happy to help set up/food prep, would like to run but will Marshal if required. Ian

Happy to help before and after.

Hoping to be fit to contribute to the team.

Happy to marshal.

:grinning:

I’m happy to help in anyway.

I can help set up, or food prep and would like to run if possible but happy to Marshall if neede

I'm happy to marshal

Happy to Marshall would prefer not to help before and after as Im really busy on the few days before and have to pace myself.

Happy to Marshall and help with food.

After announcement tonight of if not enough marshals captains will have to pick the team...... I would like to run this due to work I'm almost certainly not going to be able to make any others and I set myself the challenge to run atleast one just like I did with Mwl! I'm happy to help out with food prep before but would really like the opportunity to run thankyou Hayley

Hi, free to Marshall if required!?

Happy to Marshall...:grinning:

Hi Ian,

My husband has has volunteered to marshal, I would like to run but will Marshal if needed.

Jane

I can marshal. Ellie

Viv my husband is happy to help Marshall. Chloe is home for the weekend and would love to run but is aware that you're still looking for Marshalls so will do that if necessary. Can we have jobs during and after please as we can't get there very early. I've already given in my name to Marshall.

Our XC 16 Dec

Happy to help with whatever needs doing, setting up, marshalling etc.
Knee is still out of action so running is out.

I would like to help Marshall or do whatever’s required.

Are there enough marshalls? I would like to run, but will happily marshall if more are still needed.

Hi Ian,

Niamh and I will happily Marshall if needed :)

Marcus

This race is too soon for me to think about running it so I'm happy to marshall and shout encouragement/abuse at everyone as they run past me

Shirley Calcutt has offered to marshal so that I can run :)

Many thanks for all your wonderful offers of help.

I am compiling the 'Grid' showing who is doing which job and we'll post this around a week before the race.

The good news is that we now have enough course marshals, so everyone who wants to run can do so - but will have a job to do before or after the race or both.

So (looking back through this thread), that means the following can all run: Darren M, Linda, Brian J (tail runner), Caroline, Alan, Miranda, Helen Cairns (if she wants to), Adam, Hannah, Ian D, Jim McC, Lucy O'C, Lee H, Hayley, Jane T, Chloe, Dan M, Cara, Niamh, Marcus,
Karen and Sibbo.

We still need a handful of extra people for

- Saturday afternoon course set-up
- Sunday morning start and finish set-up
- Car parking (probably one more person). Note - the runners' car park will be at Spirella, not at Standalone Farm. It's no more than a 15-min walk.

Thanks!

James W on behalf of the Race Committee

I can help but i have to be at work for 11am so would have to be something where i can finish about 10am

I am happy to help with course set up on Saturday afternoon as well if needed.

I can help before race

I can help with start/finish set up on the day (am busy on the Saturday I'm afraid).

Hi James
Please put me down for marshalling but not running.
Thanks and Looking forward to see you all there.
JIM

Andy can help either before, after, car park, marshaling!

Re: Our XC 16 Dec, Can Help Saturday

I can help on Saturday to set up, what time do we start?