Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 18 November

Hello

please post your race reports on the thread below the deadline for these is 7pm. Please post your full name, race name, and information about the race. Quotes are great to have as well as photos which you can email to me at Sullivan_babs@hotmail.com

thanks

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 18 November

A scurry of squirrels went to St Neots to take on the St Neots Half Marathon. Chilly but clear skies and sunny countryside run made for a pleasant run. A nicely undulating course, finishing with 3 miles of steady downhill were very welcome and lead to a speedy finish for most.

The post race challenge of getting out the car park led to a fun 40 minutes, but at least we were sat in a warm car!

It was PB central with Darren, Caroline and Lucy smashing theirs (There may be some others too!)

Supporters Karen, Pete, Linda, Lucy and Brian were vocal and kept the squirrels happy around mile 3 and 9 :) - thanks for coming out to cheer us!

Results Below:

25 1290 Stewart Overton 14. MS
ChipTime: 1:19:08
34 1117 Darren Matussa 15. MV40
ChipTime: 1:20:46
45 756 Rob Harris 20. MV40
ChipTime: 1:22:06
82 1949 Vincent Wright 37. MV40
ChipTime: 1:26:23
35 347 Jane Clarke 16. FV35
ChipTime: 1:36:59
46 1737 Caroline Thrussell 1. FV55
ChipTime: 1:38:49
80 1051 Chloe Lucas 23. FS
ChipTime: 1:43:01
159 604 Jennie Fraser 64. FV35
ChipTime: 1:50:14
205 1320 Naomi Parkinson 42. FS
ChipTime: 1:53:55
206 877 Lucy Hurley 43. FS
ChipTime: 1:53:55
574 793 Alan Hazlehurst 118. MV50
ChipTime: 1:57:43
288 944 Hannah Keeble 110. FV35
ChipTime: 1:58:56
613 1391 Andrew Porter 2. MV70+
ChipTime: 2:01:46

Stuart cocks Conwy half marathon this morning totally smashed those hills and new pb for me 1.43.05 also Chris Poole also smashed them hills and new course record 1.43.15 also with a 900 feet elevation God we love hills lol

I ventured as far as Knebworth house this morning to run the Hertfordshire Half Marathon. I knew it was hilly, but wasn't expecting those steep hills anyway! I'm rather pleased with my time (1:33:07), 1 minute slower than Peterborough last month but on a definitely much tougher course and without ever watching my Polar (I thought I was much slower in fact!). Perfect day for running though!

A couple of other squirrels on the course as well!

Pos Race Name TimeNet Time Category CatPos Gender GenPos Club
99 94 NICCOLO BASSANI 01:33:15 01:33:07 V35 15 Male 96 North Herts Road Runners
166 541 STEVE FOSTER 01:37:20 01:37:12 V45 26 Male 153 North Herts Road Runners
339 155 RHIA BOTHA 01:45:42 01:45:08 Female 20 Female 38 North Herts Road Runners

Stuart Cocks
Stuart cocks Conwy half marathon this morning totally smashed those hills and new pb for me 1.43.05 also Chris Poole also smashed them hills and new course record 1.43.15 also with a 900 feet elevation God we love hills lol
Stuart cocks came in at 466 and Chris Poole came in at 468 out of 3000 people

I am in Larnaka having completed the Larnaka marathon. A different story to last week. I'm here with 4 friends and was fed yesterday and before the race!

Two of us were running the marathon and 2 the 10k. It wasn't the most inspiring marathon to be fair. I guess I've been spoilt with beautiful view and fabulous events recently. The run along the beach was lovely though, I love the water.

I was running fine but found my friend 3k ahead of me in tears because of knee pain. I then ran to catch her so she would have company. With 2k to go I caught her and walked to the finish with her (we ran the last bit to the finish line both smiling - which is the most important thing). I can't get into the website for the official time at the moment but I believe it was around 4.55.

And whilst Michelle is away on her Girls' trip to Larnaka, I headed over to Leighton Buzzard yesterday for the Dirt Half Challenge - a nice, relatively tame trail half marathon principally along the canal path and only partially off the hard stuff, with 478 ft height gain.

My first / 'recovery' run after last week's marathon in France; I really wasn't meant to, or expecting to get, a half-marathon PB of 2:13:20, nor was I expecting to look at the Garmin afterwards to see the first 10km was also a new PB. Oh well, I'll take it!

I did see another squirrel running off in to the distance! The results tell me it was Steve Foster with a 1:36:26!

I travelled to Brighton to represent Hertfordshire (and NHRR obviously) in the Brighton 10k. The event also included the inter counties 10k and also the national Vegan Runners Championships...so plenty of Vegans about!

Orange isn’t really my colour, so wasn’t overly keen on donning the vest! Also, I think I picked up a small boys, so it was a bit snug! However I was thankful for this with the chilly sea breeze!

Course was an out and back along the sea front, 5k middle section had a bit of a stiff breeze - but probably as good as it gets in November on the South Coast.

I ran 33.40 and finished 45th...some great runners out on course and I had the unfortunate opportunity of seeing a few come the other way. Happy enough with the performance.

Tom and Ellie Webb travelled to Eton Dorney for the Windsor & Eton Autumn Half Marathon on Saturday. The route comprised 4.5 beautifully flat laps of Dorney lake but as is typical for the venue there was a strong headwind for half of the race - including the final 2 miles providing a tough finish.

Both Tom and Ellie achieved HM PB's, Tom finishing 5th in 1:13:53 and Ellie 39th Lady in 1:45:59. Tom's PB was more than 5 minutes quicker than his previous best at Brighton in February this year, highlighting the benefits of the awesome training and coaching at NHRR.

Miranda Morgan, Jo Summers and me did the local Sundon Saunter today. This was an off road 27.7 mile challenge organised by the LDWA. There was a very detailed route description to follow. It started and finished in Barton-Le-Clay. Beautiful day and some fantastic scenery along the way. Miranda and I finished in 6.25. Jo finished well ahead of us and will post her time.

Sunny Southwold 10k 3 min pb 55:28 chip time, beer in the goody bag was nice 😀👍

Double 1/2 Marathons for me this weekend.
Saturday
Leighton Buzzard Dirt 1/2 Challenge - 01:36:26
Sunday
Hertfordshire Half Marathon - 01:37:10
(Was on target for a good 01:31 1/2 until 10miles when the fuel tank ran out.. at 12miles I stayed with a family and their jelly babies for 2minutes while I refuelled 😬).

But very delighted to do 2x 1/2 Marathons in 2 days.

Sundon Saunter for me - bit foggy and chilly to start but once the sun burst through it was a perfect day for running with wonderful clear views across Bedfordshire. Finished in 5.14.