Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 4th, Thurs 6th & Sat 8th December

If you raced at the weekend, or would just prefer a social run, then Tuesday is an opportunity to enjoy an easy run with club mates :)

Purple group's training on Tuesday is a fartlek of 4 x 6 mins with 2 mins loop back to get the group back together. On Thursday purple's session is 6 x Wheat Hill reps with 2 mins recovery between each rep.

On Tuesday yellow group session is 4 x 1200m on the Grange Rd loop whilst on Thursday yellows have a fartlek of 10 x 2 mins with 2 mins easier running to loop back to re-group.

Green group training on Tuesday is a ladder of 2 x 5/4/3/2 mins with 60s recovery between each effort and on Thursday greens have a tempo run of 20-30 mins after a 10-15 mins warm up and followed by a 10-15 min cool down.

It's a fartlek for blue group on Tuesday of 8 x 3 mins with 1 min easier running between each effort. Coach Karen is keen to drill before the fartlek so am suggesting that pre-drill warm up is run round the block (under railway bridge, along Station Rd and back over Neville's Rd bridge), drill and then run another 5 min warm up warm before fartlek. Thursday's session for blues is also a tempo run of 20-30 mins after a 10-15 mins warm up and followed by a 10-15 min cool down.

Pete is happy to coach at the track on Saturday, as I'm on my massage course in London, so please post if you would like to attend a track session. usual drills followed by some shorter reps:)

Love running with NHRR:)

Re: Training Tues 4th, Thurs 6th & Sat 8th December

Yes please, I’ll be at the track on Saturday.

Re: Training Tues 4th, Thurs 6th & Sat 8th December

I will be at the track Saturday