Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 9th December

Hi,

Please post race reports below. Usual requests apply: please make sure to include full details, including your whole name, and anything that can be used for a quote is very much appreciated! Please send photos to membership@nhrr.org.uk

Many thanks in advance,

Phil

Re: Press report for week ending 9th December

All details to be added by 7 pm please.

Stuart cocks on Saturday jersey farm woodland park run came 23 and got first place in mv 40/44 very happy with that infact over the bloody moon 😁😁😁😁 then on sunday festive 5 came 33rd ,again happy with that even running with a stinking cold 🤧 took it toll on me towards the end glad to finish.all in all had good weekend running well done to everyone who ran the festive 5

A slightly soggy Telford 10k for me this morning - 2 laps of a park, advertised as flat and fast. Not completely flat and a popular race so course was quite crowded, but still fairly quick. Lots of very fast elite runners in the earlier races, I was in the mass start which was later. I was third FV60 in a chip time of 50:48, (gun time 51:16 I think.) I'm not quite sure how these things work, but this was an age group qualifying race for England Masters 10k - I was within the qualifying time and 3rd in my category so I'm hoping that I might have qualified for an England vest for Birmingham next year, but Karen will have more idea about that I think!

I also saw Yuko, running (and winning by a very big margin) in the FV65 category. Didn't see anyone else but I think there may have been a couple of speedy Squirrels in the earlier elite races.

Hi,

Today we ran the Festive 5, 5 mile festive race over in Welwyn, it was a 2 lap course. Jennie and I finished in 46.18 (chip time). It was the first time we have done a 5 mile race and we loved it. The course was brilliant, marshal's were encouraging and seeing all the santas, elves and snowmen run around was brilliant. The chocolate santa at the finish line certainly gave us some motivation to get round! Brilliant!

Linsey and Jennie (Santa's elf's)

Russ Hagan ran the Milton Keynes winter half marathon in 1h 57m 53s. This was my very first half at age 58 so I'm very happy to have got round in under 2h. Huge kudos and thanks to the training provided by NHRR and the encouragement of my fellow Yellows. When I joined the club less than 6 months ago I'd only done a few Parkruns so it shows what can be achieved with the support of the club. This was a large, very well organised event with well over 2000 runners. The course was surprisingly lovely on paths around parkland, lakes and by the canal. The positive vibe was certainly helped by the winter sun breaking through and the large number of cheering spectators. I would certainly recommend as an intro to half marathons.

Myself and Kelly Hanlin completed the Milton Keynes winter half today. The weather stayed dry. Our plans for the day was to just finish, But then decided we would pace ourselves with the 3hr pacer. We thought we were slightly ahead of them but at the five mile mark we past the 2 hr 50 mins marker. We both had a great run and really enjoyed it. Kelly came in at 2hr 41 and I did 2hr 49 beating my last 1/2 marathon time by 24 mins...

That should say Kelly Hanlon predictive text sorry kelly

Caroline thrussell -I did the Welwyn festive 5 mile this morning with babs and a handful of other squirrels . After a rainy warm up, We started under a rainbow and the sun shone for the rest of the race. I was thrilled with a pb of 35:42, first fv 55 and a club record of over 8 minutes 😊 Chocolate santas to finish made it worthwhile! ( phil. I Think Katie or jo harbon has a photo)

14 squirrels in total ran for a chocolate Santa at the Welwyn Festive 5:

POS BIB NAME CAT CLUB GUN TIME CHIP TIME
4. 126 John RAYNER MS North Herts Road Runners 0:29:28 0:29:28
6. 198 Darren MATUSSA MV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:29:58 0:29:58
14. 178 Peter SIBBETT MV50 North Herts Road Runners 0:32:43 0:32:42
30. 185 Caroline THRUSSELL FV55+ North Herts Road Runners 0:35:41 0:35:38
33. 180 Stuart COCKS MV40 North Herts Road Runners 0:36:27 0:36:25
34. 221 Chris POOLE MS North Herts Road Runners 0:36:46 0:36:45
43. 184 Barbara SAYERS FV45 North Herts Road Runners 0:38:39 0:38:35
63. 224 Jo HARBON FV45 North Herts Road Runners 0:41:35 0:41:31
95. 189 Sue VAUGHAN FV45 North Herts Road Runners 0:44:46 0:44:42
115. 172 Jennie ANDREWS FV35 North Herts Road Runners 0:46:34 0:46:18
116. 171 Linsey ASHLEY FS North Herts Road Runners 0:46:34 0:46:18
147. 66 Lorna CHAMBERS FV45 North Herts Road Runners 0:49:50 0:49:33
174. 158 Jane TYLER FV55+ North Herts Road Runners 0:53:04 0:52:48
207. 174 Monica CULLIN FV55+ North Herts Road Runners 1:14:37 1:14:16

As always a big thank you to everyone who came out to cheer us on :)

Chloe Lucas did the Keyworth Turkey Trot (the winners were awarded a frozen Christmas turkey!) - a rather undulating course round the sunny Nottinghamshire countryside. I was very pleased to finish in 1.43.15.

Well done to everyone who ran brilliantly today and to Dickie and Katie for supporting around the course. was a enjoyable morning, special thanks to Mark Vaughan for stopping me going the wrong way at the end of lap one and for helping me at the end... topman. Loved the outfits, that’s the 1st time I’ve ever had a elf cheering me on Monica 😁

Caroline
Caroline thrussell -I did the Welwyn festive 5 mile this morning with babs and a handful of other squirrels . After a rainy warm up, We started under a rainbow and the sun shone for the rest of the race. I was thrilled with a pb of 35:42, first fv 55 and a club record of over 8 minutes 😊 Chocolate santas to finish made it worthwhile! ( phil. I Think Katie or jo harbon has a photo)
Congratulations Caroline - you have soundly beaten my previous FV55 5 mile club record, but can I just point out that the margin was over 3 mins rather than 8! Don't mind being trounced, as long as it's by the right no. of minutes .... :wink:

Congratulations Linda, absolutely delighted that you were 3rd and in a qualifying position. I believe that your fantastic run today should result in selection:)

LANZAROTE HALF - apologies for the delay in posting. Myself & former squirrel Lorraine Hewitt went to Lanzarote for 5 days of running, sunshine, drinking & shopping. It was very very hot & quite hilly in parts plus running 13 miles with the wind against you all the way, glad to finish in 2.37. Lorraine entered the 10K & finished in 1.21

Sorry that this was too late to include this week Vanessa. Please do re-post on next Sunday's thread! :)

Phil