Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report w/e sun 16th dec?

Since there isn’t a thread I figured I’d start one, but I’m conscious this might well be because people’s hands are full with th XC or that it’s given more than enough to be written about.

4 of us ran the Waterside 10k today (sun 16th) up at Grafham Water.It was a chilly start but the sun shone and I’m glad I went out for it. The couple of kilometres along the dam and back at the end seemed to go on forever though!

Most importantly the coffee shop had excellent cake afterwards!

Results as below (chip times), I didn’t see Carina so hope she won’t mind having hers included, the listings show she was first in her category. 🙂

Helen Govey 0:58:43
Carina Quayle 1:02:28
Ali Mottram 1:10:45
Jim Marvell 1:15:38

Re: Press Report w/e sun 16th dec?
Re: Press Report w/e sun 16th dec?

Thanks for adding me. Yes it was a nice surprise getting first in Fv55+ as there was more than me, in fact more than five. The trophy is lovely - a running shoe, free entry into next years event and I was dressed in a Santa dress and hat. The weather was fantastic. Entered this before I knew the date for our xcountry so hope you all had a great time. Ran this with a friend who was trying for a PB 😀.
Georgina and I did the Stevenage fun run to raise funds for Garden House Hospice last Sunday and made it into The Comet with very unflattering photos but our Santa suits are getting a good airing this year haha!
Merry Christmas to one and all and thanks for all your hard work for the club 🎄🥳