Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Running for a good cause

Hello!

Some of you may remember that Naomi and I took part in a great fundraising event last February for a local charity, phase. Phase works with young people in Hitchin, and does amazing work in all 3 secondary schools in Hitchin. Last year's fundraiser was to raise money for work with younger children in primary schools.

We had a team of 11 runners and a treadmill going non-stop in Archers gym in Hitchin. We were aiming to run 240km in 24 hours. Naomi and I did a slot at 5 and 6pm, and then again at 5 and 6am 😭! In the end, the team managed 250km, and raised over £2000 for the charity.

So, this year they are aiming even higher: There will be two treadmills going, side by side, and the target will be 480km in 24 hours! And phase are looking for more runners...

I know we're road runners, and generally not fans of treadmills, but it is raising money for a great cause! If anybody would be willing to give up an hour or two on 22nd/23rd of February, I know that phase would be incredibly grateful. Please let me know, and I can pass on contact details.

Thanks,
Ellie

Re: Running for a good cause

Hello Ellie,

Yes absolutely! I'm in x

Great work. I’m available to help in anyway if needed 👍🏻

I’m interested.

Yep I'll give it a go x

this sounds like...fun, count me in!

Phase do done brilliant work Count me in

Sounds like a great challenge - count me in!

Wow thanks for the positive response everyone! I have passed your names onto Kieran Murphy - director of phase. If you could just drop him an email at kieran.murphy@phase-hitchin.org then he will have your contact details and will be able to send out all the information.

Thanks,
Ellie

We have signed up and have got a slot booked with Kieran.

I (Naomi) loved doing this last year, though running that early in the morning in an empty gym was very strange, fundraising for an incredible charity too!