Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 13 January

Please post all your race results and reports here so I can write them up for local media. There will be the Three Counties XC where you all ran superbly from what I witnessed.

As ever, please post by 7pm Sunday evening and remember we love to hear all about the experience as well as the result.

Photos, please, to Sullivan_babs@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 13 January

Nothing outstanding from me this weekend mainly working however did manage to start upping dustance for my half marathon training which is in 6 weeks!! Eek ran with some lovely ladies on Saturday morning who joined me for the first 11k whilst running in the wind and then along came the drizzle it was cold I was sweating, my sinuses were making me feel like I couldn't breath I asked my fellow runners what made them get to our ages and decide to be a runner! When they asked me firstly all I could think was I'm too exhausted to talk lol but secondly I have absolutely no idea why! I hated sport as a kid and wrote my own notes to not do it 😀 but I said to myself at 38/9 I would be fit at 40 not fat I had done work to do! 5 stone down Ive done it but I still wonder whole I'm running why I want to but finish in a huge high gushing How fab it is lol that's my weekend of running!!

Three counties XC race results

There are more details available here. But the jist of it is that we won! :raised_hands:

Letchworth parkrun - 18:26
A bit late to the parkrun party and really enjoyed completing my first ever parkrun. Happy with the first place and love the spirit of the event.

Michelle and I came 3rd and 6th in the Turks and Caicos marathon!

More details in my long ramblings in a seperate post.

Will try to edit a picture to send over.

Andy

Enfield Race Walking League

Saturday 12th January
Enfield Race Walking League 5 miles

Good conditions for the first League race of the year, 5 laps of a T shaped course in the park by the QE2 track in Enfield.
Recent training and coaching continuing to help me make progress and has given me confidence that I could extend this pace to 10k. My training partners Maddy Shott and George Wilkinson were 2nd and 3rd.

1st 38.54 PB

Dave

As I continue with the RED January challenge, I took on a double race weekend. Saturday saw me take part in the annual Dunerunner event ‘Fido’s Forest Frenzy’, which is a purely canicross race set in the beautiful Thetford Forest. I entered the long course, which was approx 12km and ran with both my girls (Poppy & Lulu the chocolate labs). They were absolute superstars and did me proud as we finished in 2nd place in a chip time of 56.54!

Then on Sunday I took part in the 3C XC League race at Ampthill Park finishing in a watch time of 44.08. It was a tough, hilly course on a particularly blustery day, so plenty of extra effort when running into the wind up those hills! Plus the uphill finish line required that additional final push!