Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week Seven

Thank you for posting on the new 2019 SORE League.

Well done to everyone who ran in the wind and rain last week! :rain_cloud: The weather is looking a lot better this week so you can all run that bit longer! :sunny:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Half a point will also be awarded if you provide home-made cake when you attend a running event that is less than 10 miles or you are there in a supporting capacity.

Re: SORE League Week Seven

10 sunny miles for me this afternoon :relaxed:

10 miles on a loop near where I live. Loop running sends me into a trance like state. The brain completely disengages as there is no consideration of direction needed. I noticed the same runners passing me a few times and I started to question if they were even real or just figments of my imagination - even possibly ghosts of my former self on the loop.

Luckily I was saved by an informative podcast by Russell Brand - everyone's favourite miscreant.

11 miles on Thursday and 20.2 miles for me today.

10 miles for me Tuesday and Wednesday please.

18 miles between Hitchin, the Greenway, Letchworth and Stotfold, sunny and hot, not really 'wintery'!

OK it's taken me a while to get round to this but here's what I've done so far this year. Don't worry, it's not much!

20 Jan 13.80 miles
27 Jan 11.00 miles
03 Feb 15.00 miles*
13 Feb 11.50 miles*
14 Feb 10.20 miles*
17 Feb 17.00 miles

* These runs were split so may not count - I run to Northill to sort my horse out and then ran back again either going or returning by a longer than the most direct route (4.30 miles) but I don't stop for a rest - I spend about an hour walking to and from the field, mucking out, grooming, feeding etc and then set off for home - and it hurts a lot more starting again than it would if I had just kept running! Personally I think I deserve and extra point for doing this as it is an eco-friendly use of running in that it saves me from driving to the stables once that day!

13.2 miles for me today on the Greenway.

13.1 for me on Sunday running the Cape Peninsular Half! Thank you!