Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Press Report for Week Ending Sunday 10th March

F Lucy O’Connor
Hi

My unofficial time at The a RSPB Sandy 10k was 58:28.

I posted a team photo on the NHRR Facebook page.

Carly Bedwell also ran it. Her unofficial time from Strava was 1:19:55.
My first 10K, Sandy RSPB, unofficial time 1 hr 7 mins. I’m happy with that for such a hilly course and my first 10K. Should set me up for MK 10K next week.

Hi Paula

Stewart Overton, Darren Sunter and Lee Hayes got the 1st train out of Hitchin this morning to take park in the Big Half in London.

Wet and extremely windy beforehand we all fared well and ran times of:

Darren Sunter : 1:13:46

Stewart Overton : 1:17:30

Lee Hayes : 1:26:45

The course takes in a lot of the London marathon route backwards so has plenty of support on course to keep the effort levels honest and a fast finish followed by a well earned beer in the Greenwich arms afterwards.

I ran the Hillingdon 20 miler today (was the Finchley 20 previously). Didn’t race it, just ran it as a long run (and why would you want to race a 20 miler?!), but finished in 2:44:17 so very happy considering both the gale force winds, hail, and the fact that I’ve only started “properly” running again recently. The course was changed this year and was a bit of a dog leg through housing estates- 4 loops. Unfortunately all the uphills were into the wind! But as Karen says (and what went through my head the whole time) is hills make us strong!

So enjoying collating all your fantastic results and stories from your racing... but am really lacking in photos!
Please do send some through to paulaschmaula@yahoo.co.uk

there are a couple of lovely photos on the facebook page!

Paula Holm
So enjoying collating all your fantastic results and stories from your racing... but am really lacking in photos!
Please do send some through to paulaschmaula@yahoo.co.uk
Just emailed you a pic from today if you still need one? But I’m conscious people will get really sick of seeing my face! 😂 It’s there if you need it...