Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rome 2019... Some things are just meant to be...

Whilst on hold to E-On trying to sort out my parents' electricity bill I randomly googled 'Rome Marathon', as I have done many times over the past 6 months, to see what happened. Usually nothing - just the dead website. This time, at the bottom of page 1 of results, www.maratonainternazionalediroma.it... Clicked on it and, hey presto, a new Rome Marathon website! It looks a bit 'amateurish' and slightly lacking in info but all that is needed is there and it is still accepting entries for 7th April!

So, what to do? Next evening, out for a curry with Jon, Fin and Sheena who all came with me last year, I tell them what I have found and they all say that they are free that weekend so really I had no choice!

Race entered, flights booked, Airbnb sorted, 4-week training plan in place...

From the fact that on Thursday (30 days to go) they were offering €45 off the late entry price of €95 for 24 hours only I suspect that I am not the only person to have given up hope of it happening this year and that they are pretty short of entries! Sadly it will not be a year when I run well enough to feature in results however few runners there are!

Re: Rome 2019... Some things are just meant to be...

Hooray! The correct order of the Universe is restored! It would just be wrong if Jo wasn't doing Rome Marathon ...:smile:

Fantastic Jo! Rome wouldn't be the same without you running the marathon!:grinning:

Well done jo. It's actually been up for a few months. I have been trying to get my transfer from last year acknowledged. Have eventually given up - put it down to language problems or can't be bothered to help-ness. Suspect the latter. ๐Ÿ˜•

Caroline, reading the above reminds me: if anyone ever needs help in 'negotiating' these things with races organised in Italy let me know, I can do the dirty job for you and you don't have to go crazy with nonsensical Italian rules and 'attitudes' :)

๐Ÿ˜‚thank you nicollo, I would love to do Rome one day, and may well seek you help!

I too had an automatic transfer to this year.
I gave them all the details but heard nothing back so too gave up.
They run a fantastic race but some things don't work on the entries.