Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MWL race 2 - Royston - 13th June

Hi everybody,

After our cracking start to the Midweek League season at St Alban's, we have got the information through for race number 2.

Again, please post below to arrange lift sharing.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

2019 Midweek League Royston Runners Event at Therfield

Thursday 13th June 2018. 7.45 PM start

Permit Number ARC 19/463

Certificate of course accuracy: (10k) 17/187

Race HQ Therfield Cricket Club, Recreation Ground, Therfield SG8 9QG
Directions Please refer to map. You can get to Therfield from the A505 or A10.

Car sharing – Please car share where possible.

Parking
• Traveling from the A10 - please use the cricket ground. This will only be
operational if the weather has been and remains dry.

• Traveling from the A505 or Royston – please use the yard by the start. (It is the wide concrete entrance by the 30mph/derestricted signs and will be signed).

Please note - you will not be able to drive out of the cricket ground until after the last runner has finished. If you need to leave early please use the yard by the start.

Please obey marshals and avoid parking in the centre of Therfield or on local roads.

Start location: The walk to start is 8 mins from the cricket ground and 10 seconds from the car park in the yard by the start.

When gathering at the start please be considerate of other road users and
leave the road clear for them until called to the start line.

Course Markings km markers and directional arrows along with marshals on all junctions. Please keep to the left of the road and follow the marshals’ instructions.

Dusk – This will be at 22:09. If you think you may finish near this time, especially if it is overcast, we would recommend you consider wearing a high-vis vest.

Facilities: We are providing 3 Portaloos and a multipoint urinal (in addition to the limited toilets at the Therfield Cricket Club). There are changing facilities at the cricket club. There are also toilets at the village hall which is 75m from the end of Church Lane which you will pass, on the left, on the way to the start from the cricket ground.

Water - At the cricket ground/the finish and the 5km point.

Food will be available afterwards in the village hall in the center of Therfield. Please walk to the village hall.

Re: MWL race 2 - Royston - 13th June

I’m in need of a lift - is anybody able to pick me up from Royston train station (I’d be there in plenty of time) and drop me back in Letchworth? Please do note I’m going to be way north of the hour running though (I’m aware this route has hills) so you wouldn’t be able to do a quick getaway 😀.

I have sorted a lift now - whooo hoo.

Hi

I am looking for a lift from Fairfield to Royston and back? I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards

Rachel Arnott

I will have spaces for anyone going from hitchin (sorry Rachel, I probably don't have tine to come over to Fairfield!).

I owe Linda a lift so will have a couple of spaces spare.

Hi,

Help needed!

I need to bring my son along on Thursday. Is there anyone who is going to be there, who is not running, who would be willing to keep an eye on him during the race? He's 9 and no trouble. I'll be as quick as I can (which should go without saying in the circumstances, but you know what I mean).

Thanks,

Ed

Hey Ed. My girlfriend is coming to the race and is more than happy to keep an eye on your son.

I'm still a bit crocked (though getting better!) so will be happy to do finish line duties if required.

Hi Christian,

Barbara's going to look after him at hers, so I now won't need to bring him along, but thank you very much (and to your girlfriend) - it's much appreciated!

Ed

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it to the next 3 MWL races due to childcare responsibilities and lack of time getting home from work picking up my son and taking him to the race with me.

If I can make arrangements with friends I'll be there. If not I may be able to leave work early. In that case could I bring him with me one week? He's 11 and chilled enough to wait for me and keep an eye on our stuff. :)

Hi Rachael

I can pick you up / drop you back as i'm going from Henlow. I'll confirm times once I know if i'm taking anyone else.

Adam

Hi Adam

Thank you so much!

My mobile no is 07387736417

Hi everyone,

I will be going from Letchworth and happy to offer lifts there and/or back if needed. Small car so max 3 passengers in comfort but I can take 4 at a squeeze!

Andrew.

Hello Ellie,

I'd like to run on Thursday at the MWL in Royston but I don't yet have a number as its my first time and I didn't catch you today.

Are you able to provide me with a number on the day? I am a fully paid up club member with a running vest. If so, should I meet you at Spirella on Thursday or at the event?

Thanks
Richard Weber

Hi Richard
Ellie usually brings the numbers with her to the race, I would suggest you look out for her when you arrive to pick up your number,I hope this helps.

Andrew R!

I am coming along to support (niggly foot issue at the moment). Could I get a lift with you? Can meet you at Spirella / station / central Letchworth as you wish.

Thanks!

Rachel, I’m going from Fairfield. I’m meeting others at Spirella at 6:45 so can pick you up at 6:30.

LUCY

Thanks Sue V, Ellie has already contacted me separately re the numbers.

All, I'm planning on going straight from Fairfield Park to the event (as my time is tight due to work) so if anybody needs a lift from the estate or wants to share, please let me know.

Thanks
Richard

James W
Andrew R!

I am coming along to support (niggly foot issue at the moment). Could I get a lift with you? Can meet you at Spirella / station / central Letchworth as you wish.

Thanks!
Hi James,
Absolutely. Pick you up at Spirella approx 6:45.
Cheers,
Andrew.

Just heard that the cricket ground where we normally park is waterlogged so will not be available for cars. Apparently there is a car park near the start but not sure where. Car sharing will help massively !!

Thanks, Andrew. See you at Spirella.

Jo H
Just heard that the cricket ground where we normally park is waterlogged so will not be available for cars. Apparently there is a car park near the start but not sure where. Car sharing will help massively !!
I have room for 2 or 3 more if people need a lift to minimise cars tonight. Leaving from Spirella at 6:45pm.
Andrew.