Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any gantry / scaffolding experts out there?

We have our Run Round the Garden event on Sunday 16th June and our brilliant Race Director, Steve McK, is looking for help with making the finish line look great.

The finish will be on the pavement outside Esquires coffee shop on Leys Avenue and the space we have to work with is quite compact, with the actual finish line around 3 metres wide. We won't be using our usual inflatable finish gantry, but it would be great to have some kind of arch for people to run under, rather than just a line with flags either side.

One idea would be to construct something from scaffolding. Or perhaps there is some alternative way? Please let us know if you think you can help with ideas or practicalities.

Thank you!

James W for the Race Committee

Re: Any gantry / scaffolding experts out there?

James

how about a balloon arch?

Thanks, Mark.

That is certainly a possibility - Steve and I discussed it yesterday. Not sure it fits so well with our increasing emphasis on sustainability, though.

If we could have some kind of structure that we could 'decorate' with our banners, I think that would be preferable.

James

how about a lighting truss rig set up, like DJs use? Probably able to hire a similar item from somewhere, or purchase on for the club to be used for RRTG. We could also use this for Standalone as a podium / medal presentation backdrop and for photos (maybe get Mo and Paula in on it also?)

see this link:

https://www.djkit.com/equinox/equinox-3-x-2m-truss-system-black.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo_fMpsHM4gIVj7jACh2rWgNvEAkYICABEgJksPD_BwE

Thanks, Mark. Looks good!

Am investigating - think I have found a company near Hertford who do hire.

Thank you!

Dear All,

A quick scan of race websites reveals some great finish trusses. They start at about £2600 inc vat.

I will explore more.

Richard

I'm guessing we cant use the normal inflatable start/finish gantry due to the building work in the square? if so has anybody thought about asking the builders there if they could supply something as they have loads of scaffolding. And surely good advert for them.

Some nice lateral thinking there. I think I have somebody who can supply what I want, just that it needs picking up from Bedford in a van/large car.

Dickie
Dear All,

A quick scan of race websites reveals some great finish trusses. They start at about £2600 inc vat.

I will explore more.

Richard
Dickie

Still worth looking into as an addition to our race equipment.

Could offset the price by hiring it out...

Thanks all, I found an events company in Bedford. On Marks point, let’s see if we like it and then we can see if it nicer and less haste (and greener) than the blow up Gantry.