Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report week ending 16 June 2019

A few of us were lucky enough to go to snowdonia this weekend to run the coed-y-brenin trail half marathon. The race was everything I love about running. A great atmosphere and really well organised. After recent racing I went at a fairly relaxed pace. It was a challenging route through the forest park with muddy ups that meant one step forward and one slide back, rocky downs where your body goes too fast for your legs and you're not sure where your feet are landing. Lovely friends to support and stunning scenery. Our times were caroline thrussell 2.11 first fv50, Adam Wilson 2.29 and Paul bowal 2.45. (Phil I'll send you a photo)

Re: Press report week ending 16 June 2019

Caroline
A few of us were lucky enough to go to snowdonia this weekend to run the coed-y-brenin trail half marathon. The race was everything I love about running. A great atmosphere and really well organised. After recent racing I went at a fairly relaxed pace. It was a challenging route through the forest park with muddy ups that meant one step forward and one slide back, rocky downs where your body goes too fast for your legs and you're not sure where your feet are landing. Lovely friends to support and stunning scenery. Our times were caroline thrussell 2.11 first fv50, Adam Wilson 2.29 and Paul bowal 2.45. (Phil I'll send you a photo)
Completed the RRTG 5k in 26mins and 56 seconds and the 1mile race in 9mins 27 seconds

Re: Press repointrt week ending 16 June 2019

Completed the RRTG 5k in 26 mins 56seconds and the 1mile in 9 mins 27 seconds

RRTG - set a new 5k PB today which was unexpected. The first time I went under 20 was at this race last year so I knew it could be run quickly. I hadn’t prepared much due to a change in job limiting the amount of running and training I could do. However, I decided to go out hard and see if I could maintain the pace. It was a fast race and everyone had the same thought when the rain came down and we were all tip toeing round the 180 turns. Having the last KM downhill allowed for a final push and I was happy to knock 10 seconds off my PB and 26 seconds off this course from last year finishing in 19:06. Great support all the way round and a great race as always from the amazing team at NHRR.

I did the Suffolk Trail Festival 24hr ultra today (and yesterday!). Managed to get my nutrition right this time but I got caught by not having the right clothing for the drop in temperature overnight and had to stop between 3.30 and 4.30 to wait for sun up before I carried on (in June though!!). The course was mostly on grass trail, takes a lot of getting used to the uneven surface of this which (after nearly falling several times) managed to wreck my right calf which eventually slowed me down (even more than normal :) ). More practise required on this type of surface methinks.
Quite a different experience running in the night but rather relaxing (just have to make up for the loss of sleep now).
No official results yet but, on the screen they had on site, I finished as a solo runner far from last place. Not that that is any importance though as an ultra is all about ones personal battle with the distance and terrain. There were teams entered for the event as well as a 12 hour race which started at midnight but, even with a 5 mile loop, not crowded at all on the route.
I managed to complete 10 of the 20, 5 mile loops, giving me a 50 mile total in 22 hours. I was actually aiming for 60 miles but my leg prevented this (last years winner managed 85 miles) , but I'm still very happy with my result although my toes have never looked so bad as they are at the moment (toesnail?? I'm sure I did have some :) ) and just trying to stand up is fun to say the least!
This was an exeptionally well organised event, including the food available on each lap (although.
I have a feeling that this may have been mentioned by Jo and Sue in the past for the relay side of the ultra) but, anyway, something worth considering for an NHRR entry perhaps.
With the looped course (yes I know not to everyones liking) this does make for a good race for anyone wanting to start out on the ultra scene. A lot of people camped out on site and, with the different things going on (and 3k 5k races etc) pretty much something for everyone.
I now have the joy of a 70 mile drive home with my leg, thank goodness for cruise control!!

I took part in the Run Round the Garden 5k and 1 mile today. Finished the 5k in 29:07 which is a new PB for me and my first sub-30 5k! Finished the mile in 8:45. Was a great event, lovely to see so many members there and thanks to all the volunteers!

I took part in ruth 5k, didn't expect much from myself as I haven't been training as much recently but got a new pb 28.57
Lovely event, well organised and great support!

Which pat is this?

Run round the garden for me 32.07 last year was over 38 minutes so a huge improvement wasent my best run by any means currently triathlon training and work gets in the way alot so whatever I could do I know I should be greatful I can even do it 😀 over heated early on but hey I had a good finish never be dissapointed besides had alot of support from mum and dad my daughter and auntie cousin you can't let them down can you haha and seeing your hubby come in 13th in the mile race after a night shift at work I'd pretty spectacular he always was daft!

Hailey batson
I took part in ruth 5k, didn't expect much from myself as I haven't been training as much recently but got a new pb 28.57
Lovely event, well organised and great support!
Ruth? RRTG I assume

Pat
I did the Suffolk Trail Festival 24hr ultra today (and yesterday!). Managed to get my nutrition right this time but I got caught by not having the right clothing for the drop in temperature overnight and had to stop between 3.30 and 4.30 to wait for sun up before I carried on (in June though!!). The course was mostly on grass trail, takes a lot of getting used to the uneven surface of this which (after nearly falling several times) managed to wreck my right calf which eventually slowed me down (even more than normal :) ). More practise required on this type of surface methinks.
Quite a different experience running in the night but rather relaxing (just have to make up for the loss of sleep now).
No official results yet but, on the screen they had on site, I finished as a solo runner far from last place. Not that that is any importance though as an ultra is all about ones personal battle with the distance and terrain. There were teams entered for the event as well as a 12 hour race which started at midnight but, even with a 5 mile loop, not crowded at all on the route.
I managed to complete 10 of the 20, 5 mile loops, giving me a 50 mile total in 22 hours. I was actually aiming for 60 miles but my leg prevented this (last years winner managed 85 miles) , but I'm still very happy with my result although my toes have never looked so bad as they are at the moment (toesnail?? I'm sure I did have some :) ) and just trying to stand up is fun to say the least!
This was an exeptionally well organised event, including the food available on each lap (although.
I have a feeling that this may have been mentioned by Jo and Sue in the past for the relay side of the ultra) but, anyway, something worth considering for an NHRR entry perhaps.
With the looped course (yes I know not to everyones liking) this does make for a good race for anyone wanting to start out on the ultra scene. A lot of people camped out on site and, with the different things going on (and 3k 5k races etc) pretty much something for everyone.
I now have the joy of a 70 mile drive home with my leg, thank goodness for cruise control!!
Which Pat is this please?

Would this be Pat Norris?

Sorry. Yes it would. Sleep deprivation setting in early.

I had a great day at RRTG today. I did the 5km in 24:37, 25 sec slower than last year but it felt much easier. I haven't run well for months so this takes me to last year's level :). Happy.
Thank you for a fantastic race!!

Thanks