Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
st albans stampede 31/8/19 - endurance relay - call for team of 8 (we won last year)

Hi
Jo did the heavy lifting in terms of organising the team of 8 of us that won last year, so I thought that I would look to organise a team for this year (unless there is one and I have missed it!).

I will book it up once I have a team name (see below) and 8 confirmed runners.
They don't have to be from NHRR as its not a 'club only' event.

The aim is to complete as many 4mile laps as possible between 9am and 9pm (about 30mins per lap and only one team member can run at any one time). its an endurance relay not a sprint, hopefully everyone will do 3-4 laps - with rests in between.

Its a well marshalled by the striders team so there isn't really any chance of getting lost, the evening laps are done in the dark so headtorches are mandatory.

for example Paula and I did laps early morning and late evening, some did all day and some just did the afternoon. Coming and going is absolutely fine and works ok provided there is a mix.

There is a prize for the best team name, last year's winner (and deservedly so) was "legs miserable" … so suggestions pls (or I will have to make something up).

So 7 more people needed... if anyone who wants to do this could reply and say when they think they could run during the day?

I will probably be doing early morning and late evening.

cheers
J

Re: st albans stampede 31/8/19 - endurance relay - call for team of 8 (we won last year)

Would love to do this again - I can usually manage 3 laps (possibly even 4 if I had to) any time of the day as long as it's still light, but my laps would be closer to 40 mins than 30 I suspect!

Re: st albans stampede 31/8/19 - endurance relay - call for team of 8 (we won last year)

Yes please. Would be really good if we could get more than one team out...

Yes please for me and gary

I’d like to take part but I’m doing my first Duck ‘n Dash the following morning so wouldn’t be able to do more than a lap or two. Don’t want to wear myself out. It sounds fun though.

Mike and I are signed up for it as solos already so see you on course. 😊🏃🏽‍♀️🌙🌞

So it looks like we don’t have the numbers for it.
Not sure I am fit enough to try with a group of 4.

Will check again in a week or so but if there aren’t any other takers then we will forget it for this year.

I am injured so can't run now :-(

Hi James - I'm still up for it if we can get 8 together but otherwise will do Dunstable Downs Challenge which I haven't done for a few years as it is always the same weekend.

I'm still up for this if we could get a team together, James, but it needs to be a team of 8 because I'm definitely not up to taking part as a team of 4!

Gary can still do this if it goes ahead x