Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MWL Race 4 Trent Park details

Hoping lots of you can make the journey and enjoy running in this last race that will determine whether or not we win the league!
Details of the Trent Park RC - MWL League 2019 - Division 1, Race 4 are as follows:

Date: Thursday 4th July 2019. 7.45 PM Start

Race HQ: Southgate Hockey Club - Trent Park - EN4 0PS However it is recommended to gather on the field by the Start/Finish area.

Start & Finish: The start will be on the grass field near the Cockfosters Road car park, close to the pond and to ‘Go Ape’. This is approximately 5 mins walk from race HQ -Southgate Hockey Centre.

Permit Number: (UKA) 53:19 Distance: 10k
Course: The course will start with a clockwise lap of the field (down from Go Ape close to the lake and adjacent to the main road/pathway that cuts through the park). Runners will then be directed onto the main pathway, continuing straight on when after approx. 1 mile being directed onto the main trails and 2 anti-clockwise laps. After the 2nd lap is completed, runners will be directed back up the main pathway and towards the finish. The course is undulating and may be wet in places depending on the weather conditions. It is however suitable throughout for normal road running shoes. Marshals will be positioned at all junctions.

Facilities:There are public toilets at the Cockfosters end ‘Trent Park Café’ - EN4 0JY.

Changing will be on the field that has the start/finish points, please come prepared for this.

Parking: Parking is available within Trent Park but is likely to be limited. Given the
proximity of Trent Park to Cockfosters and Oakwood underground stations (approx. 5 and 15 minute walks respectively), use of public transport is therefore strongly recommended. If you intend to drive, please car-share as much as possible.

Car Parks:
The Cockfosters entrance to Trent Park - Cockfoster Road A111 - London - EN4 0JZ NB: Please note that this car park closes at 9:30pm
Southgate Hockey Club - Trent Park, Snakes Lane (Off Bramley Road) A110 - Oakwood, London EN4 0PS
Cars must not be parked on any of the roads within Trent Park. This includes Snakes Lane.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD DRIVERS PARK ON THE SURROUNDING ROADS. This is to comply with restrictions imposed by London Borough of Enfield. Anyone parking in local roads will risk damaging our ability to hold future events at this venue.

If car parks become full at Trent Park, runners will be told to use local car parks, for example at Cockfosters underground station.

Course Markings: KM markers and directional arrows along with marshals on all junctions. Please keep to the left of the road and follow the marshals’ instructions.
Water: - Marked on the course map, 5km approx. point.
Refreshments: Complimentary refreshments will be provided after the race at the race HQ - Southgate Hockey Centre. This is a short walk from the finish area.

Directions from major roads:
The Cockfosters Road (A111) entrance to Trent Park is approximately two miles to the south of Junction 24 of the M25, on the left hand side, or just over half a mile to the north of the junction of the A111 and A110 (Bramley Road), on the right hand side (sat nav EN4 0JZ).

Public Transport:
Access Trent Park from either Cockfosters or Oakwood Tube stations, the last two stops on the Piccadilly Line.
From Cockfosters station: approximately 5 – 10 minute walk to start area. Turn right out of the station, walk approx. 300 metres north along Cockfosters Road, past the BP Garage (with M&S), Main gates of the park are on the right-hand side of the road.

From Oakwood station; approximately 15 minute walk to the Race HQ.
Turn right out of the station, walk approx. 50 meters, cross Bramley Road and turn left into Snakes Lane, walk approx. 1200m. Southgate Hockey Club is at the top of Snakes lane.

Both stations are also served by bus routes; - Cockfosters 289 / 299 / 384
& Oakwood 121, 307 / 377 / 299.

Re: MWL Race 4 Trent Park details

Does anybody know actual distance of this one? The last time James K did it (2015), it came out as 8.22 km on the GPS; has route changed since then?

Clare - we ran it last year, and my Garmin clocked it at 6.4 miles. This was a slightly different course which we ran the other way round from past routes. Don't know if its the same route this year, but it sounds similar.

Thanks Linda. 10 km is as long as I do, so have to factor in breaks correctly. 🙂

Hi

I’m looking for a lift to Trent Park from Fairfield.
Thank you!

Rachel A

Do I pick my number up at the venue as my first midweek league event

Hi Ellie, I appear to have misplaced my number (280) that I need for fixture tomorrow night. Can you place bring a spare or issue a new one to wear before race? Thanks

I'll be travelling from London to support you all, but would welcome a lift back to Letchworth afterwards if anyone has room, please.

I’m hoping to get there tonight to support. Any chance of a lift back as I will be coming from London too?

Is anyone driving from the club who has any spaces please?

Looks like Jo doesn't want a lift now so I can get you Dan. Can also give Phil and James a lift back if they want? I prefer to start early in case traffics bad so are you ok with that though?

Hi there

Do have room for me Pat?

Kind regards

Hi Rachel. Yes ok. Can still take James and Phil back but with Dan and you going that will be it! I want to be early so I will get you from roundabout by fairfield at 5.45 and Dan shortly after from Spirella if that's ok both?

Thank you so much!! My number just in case : 07387736417

Hi

I will be going tonight, does anyone need a lift from Baldock or Letchworth?
Have 3 spaces

J

Hi Rachel. Me and Paula are going from Fairfield. We’re going with Helen Cairns. We are leaving Fairfield Tesco at 5:50 to get over to Helen’s in Letchworth for 6. You’re more than welcome to come with us. Meet at Tesco at 5:50.

Cheers Pat my number is 07931337044

Great- thank you 🙏