Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cross training

I set myself a challenge to do physical activity every day for month of june so have been swimming and cycling as well as running ..my question is does this help or hinder your running? I really would like to improve on my current 5km time so should i stick to putting all my effort into just running or keep up with the swimming etc when i have completed my challenge?

Re: Cross training

I'm no expert Shani, but cross training has got to be good. Strengthens different muscles, helps your running muscles recover, makes you stronger and prevents injuries. As I say I'm no expert but it works for me 😊 Keep doing what you enjoy !

I swim, cycle and do a circuits class. I think the variation keeps things interesting.

Hi Shani, and if you are slightly injured through running, the swimming and cycling can maintain the cardio elements. I think it’s a positive to do all three, and I believe you can still get better at 5K whilst doing so. Enjoy.