Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
News report for week ending 30th June 2019

Hi all,

Phil's doing the report this week. Please post your race reports below, including full names and quotable details. The deadline is 7pm this evening.

Email pics to membership@nhrr.org.uk

Thanks in advance!

Re: News report for week ending 30th June 2019

Three of us went to Wrest Park for the Silsoe Stride - 10k over fields and farm tracks round the Wrest Park Estate in Silsoe. This was a really nice local event, raising money for the local school. The course was very nice but quite challenging - rough underfoot in many places, undulating and with uneven surfaces and lots of fallen branches on the tracks, so you really had to watch your step. Good practice for Trent Park on Thursday, but not conducive to very fast times! The home made cake stall at the end was absolutely epic, however, as was the size of the cake slices ...:yum:

Lucy O'Connor 54:47 (1st F50)
Linda Aird 55:23 (1st - and only! - F60)
Lorna Chambers - Lorna is not in the results, and they didn't seem to have her registration details so still awaiting her time, but I think it was around 1hr 6mins - hopefully she can correct this if I'm wrong.

Stewart Overton and Nathan Pask took part in the Finsbury Park 5000’s on Friday evening.

Organised by London Heathside it proved to be a good event with packed races and plenty of spectators on a sunny London evening.

Races organised in time order give a good chance to run in competitive races with similar standard runners.

Stewart ran 16:36 in race 6 of 7 and Nathan ran 16:12 in the final race of the evening.

Less than half an hour on the train from Letchworth I’d recommend it to fellow squirrels next year.

Today I took on the Run Orwell 10k on this beautiful sunny and breezy day. The course was a wonderful off-road route which passed the wonderful Greenwich Meridian marker globe which was the theme of the finishers medal, quoting the words “everyone crosses the line”.

I completed the race in 50.35 and finished 2nd lady proudly wearing my squirrels vest! 🥈🏆

I will email a podium pic as well if you wish to include it in the race report.

I did the Herts Hobble today. The whole route was just over 27 miles starting in Buntingford and out to Great Holmead, Little Chishill, Reed, Chipping and back to Buntingford. The terrain varied from grass trails, to stony tracks, woods and farmland. It was a complicated route with an unusually long route description, but there was plenty of food and drink at the three checkpoints and overall a very enjoyable event.😀