Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: News report for week ending 7th July 2019

Hitchin triathlon 6 weeks ago I decided it would be fun to do a triathlon! From someone that could just about get by in the water hated the deep endeed didn't put her head under or swim properly really I thought it would be a good challenge took myself off to the pool almost daily and learnt to swim properly halving my swim time! For 200 metres and actually finding I enjoy swimming to be fair my cycling wasent much better I lost my confidence last year after a few too many falls but this challenge encouraged me to get back on the saddle so to speak and again I love it.... I didn't really know what tome to expect but thought about an hour and came in 1 hour 34 seconds fantastic event and would definitely do it again now to get more swim practice in ☺

We have had a great weekend at Love Trails Festival in The Gower. We ran 5k, 13k & 9k guided trail runs taking in beautiful beaches and stunning scenery. The vibe was very relaxed with great food & music too. Between running we enjoyed yoga and mindfulness sessions. If you are up for camping this is a brilliant way to enjoy trail running in a friendly, festival atmosphere.

I went to Willingham to do the Fen Gallop 10k. It was a lovely community event, fundraising for the local primary school, with a wooden medal and fantastic crowd and marshal support. It was a hot run around the fens, but a really nice course, with a bbq and a bar for afters. I did 51.40, and I'll be back next year!

First attempt at a sprint Triathlon for me today. Was aiming for under 1.30 so was delighted with 1.24. Lots of work required on the transitions (6 mins in total)but a really enjoyable event.

Hi, my first triathlon of the year and I managed to fend off the youngsters and retain the title in the Hitchin Triathlon this morning. There were quite a few squirrels so well done to all.
My stats for the 400m/20k/5k was 6:54/32:45/19:08, total 1:00:40.
Great support from loads of NHRR