Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 9th, Thurs 11th & Sat 13th July

With every Thursday in July booked out Tuesday 9th is our monthly #runandtalk session. You are encouraged to go for a continuous run and enjoy the company of your fellow squirrels:) Hot and cold drinks will be provided afterwards. With so many members enjoying racing recently it is a great opportunity to benefit from some aerobic miles as your aerobic engine is so important for your running economy. It's also good to think about your form and we will be focusing on tall posture including high hips and socket to pocket, which is concentrating on the backward drive of the elbows. I actually stopped 5 times on my long easy run today, when I felt my hips dropping, to stretch my arms above my head and reset my hips; goodness knows what the passing car drivers thought was going on!! Another pertinent point is that speed work should be about 10% of your weekly mileage so another good reason for no session if you're running on Thursday. It's also beneficial to have an easier week every 4th/5th week reducing intensity and mileage.

As I am aware that blue group athletes are targeting various races in the next few weeks we will have a session of Penn Way/Howard Drive run throughs. If you are preparing for a 3km race you may like to consider 2 x 1M at 3-5km pace with a jog run through. Half marathon athletes could run 4 x 1M at HM pace again with jog run through. With the 1.5 mile warm up and cool down this would give you about 7.5-8M total with drills. If you would lie less mileage could do 3:)

Thursday is the mob match 10km at Welwyn which is where all the divisions will be running followed by the team and individual presentations. This is a separate race and there is a trophy for the mob match wining team. Do hope to see lots of you there to cheer loudly at the presentation:) Ellie has posted details of this event and there will not be coached sessions at the club.

On Saturday Karen can offer a track session if anyone is interested. If you've raced on Thursday this could just be a drills and easy running session focusing on form. Please post below if you would like to come, 9.15am prompt start at Ridline, cost £2 payable to FVS for track hire.

Re: Training Tues 9th, Thurs 11th & Sat 13th July

I would like to do track on Saturday

thanks

Yes please for track.

Apologies for not making it down tonight. Best of luck to all for Thursday’s Mob Match.

I would like to attend the track session at the Ridlins on Saturday 13th, please. See you there for 9:15 start.

Thanks!

Richard

Yes please for track

I am tempted :-)