Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Press Report for Week Ending 14th July

Thursday was the presentation of the Scott's Travel Midweek League trophies in Welwyn Garden City. A historic night for North Herts Road Runners saw the club crowned champions of Division 1 for the 1st time in their history with Trent Park Running Club 2nd. In addition the men's team were also undefeated over the four 10km races with the 12 scoring team members finishing in the top 22 places in the final league race at Trent Park to scoop the cup with maximum points. Not to be outdone the male vets team, over 40, also claimed top spot overall. With Tom Webb taking the individual title, Mark Vaughan 1st V40, Jim McConnell 2nd V40 and Matthew Sayers 3rd V40 there was plenty to cheer about.

To be crowned champions obviously the women's team also ran superbly. They finished as runners-up to Trent Park with ladies team captain Katie Harbon leading from the front to finish 2nd in the individual title race. Astrid McKeown won the V45 category and Paula Adams was 3rd in the same category.

With a record 90 members present at a league race all members are delighted with this historic win and are so proud that the club has achieved such an outstanding success. However, they are also determined to be challenging for the title again next year!

Jo Summers, Andrew Porter and me (Sue Foot) ran the Roding Around Marathon today. This was a circumnavigation of the nine noted villages named Roding in the beautiful Essex countryside of the Roding Valley. It was a self-navigated course with a written route description. The course was difficult at times with plenty of places to trip, get stung by stinging nettles and scratched by the overgrown tracks, but that didn’t stop us enjoying the very picturesque route.

Andrew and I finished in 6.06. Jo was well ahead of us and will post her finish time. 😀

As reported by Sue I ran round 8 or 9 Essex villages with Rodings in the name. Quite tough going and an at times dodgy route description but managed to find my way round with multiple scratches and stings to show for it in 4.57. Second lady - but the lady who beat me was just following the downloaded GPS route on her phone instead of using the route description and the map! I did actually finish before a lot of people who I am sure were well ahead of me at one point so I think quite a few 'diversions' were taken!