Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Conti Thunder Run 24 hour 2019

Have a great weekend - we really should try and get a club team out for this again next year ..... :thinking_face:

Good luck to you both, Susan and Mike - if you haven't done it before, you are in for a great weekend, and if you have, well you already know that! :smile:

Did this several times a few years ago, as part of a team of 8, when it was the Adidas Thunder Run - it was always great fun, a 'technical' route which I found quite challenging, particularly in the hours of darkness. A very well organised event with enthusiastic support from both marshals and fellow runners - the soloists were held in particularly high regard! It always felt a bit magical coming upon the lights/campfires of the marshals in the woods during the night runs, and my favourite moment was when I was lucky enough to get the dawn lap and saw the sun come up as I ran round. After tripping over a couple of times on a night lap and injuring my ankle, I decided it was probably time to give this one up before I did myself more serious damage!

I can still smell the chemical loos (not as bad as it sounds) and hear that constant beeping, as I lay in my tent trying to get a couple of hours sleep, of runners crossing the finish line at the end of a lap and handing over to the next team member ....

I still love team/relay events, but these days I try to stick to daytime ones!

Hi Susan,

I ran it in a team of six. Did you wear your club vest?

It was great fun wasn’t it. I did four laps in a team of six and combined we did 126 miles which was not too bad as a team.

Thanks

Chris