Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FVS Relay details for Thursday 25th July

The 27th Annual Midweek Road Relays incorporating the Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire AARC Senior & Veteran Championships are being held this Thursday, 25th July, with the 1st runners starting at 7.30pm.

Race HQ is at Marriotts Sports Centre, Brittain Way, Stevenage, SG2 8UT

Katie & Pete (club captains) will be sorting the teams. If you need an early or late leg please let them know or text Karen on 07703565882.

Please arrive by 6.45pm in the HQ room in the Marriotts Sports Centre with £3 in correct change if you have not already paid. If you are delayed please text Karen.

Car Parking - please do not park in the Brittain Way car park. The Centre is concerned that there will be insufficient spaces. There are car parks at Fairlands Valley Park. One is off Fairlands Way and the main one off Six Hills Way overlooking the lake on the opposite side of the park. Please do not inconvenience local residents by parking along Shephall View as the roads are very narrow and there are parking restrictions.

WEARING CLUB VESTS IS MANDATORY

Men: 5x3000m Women: 3x3000m Mixed: 4×3000 (2 men 7 2 women) Distances are approximate.
Only Herts County Championships will be awarding mixed teams
Minimum age 15 yrs, Veteran Men: Over 40 & Women: Over 35
Team Members to be declared on the night
Details on rear of Runners’ Numbers to be completed
Only First Leg for each runner scores for prizes

Changing - There are modern toilet facilities available for men & women at the race
headquarters in the Centre.

Course - One lap starting and finishing on the grassy area adjacent to the northern lake within Fairlands Valley Park. The race is run entirely on the park footpaths and Stevenage cycle way. After a downhill start it is a mainly flat course throughout. Please keep to the cycleway/footpaths and follow the marshals' instructions especially at crossing points.

If you would like to sign up it's not too late, please post below. If you cannot run please let us know by posting below as well. This is always a great night out so we look forward to seeing lots of squirrels on Thursday:)

Re: FVS Relay details for Thursday 25th July

Achilles hasn’t healed as quickly as I had hoped so not up to this now - gutted. I will hopefully make an appearance with some kids in tow for cheering duties! Race well Squirrels and enjoy!

I am afraid my sprained ankle is still a bit sore so that means I’m not up to it now. I’ll be there with James though. Clare Hooley

I also have an achilles problem so will have to drop out too sob sob

I’m going to drop out of this as well.... good luck all.

A bit late to reply, but planning to be along. Looks like a scorcher!

Sorry I can’t run now 😔, good luck all.

Sorry can’t make tonight due to injury

Im opting out i think it will be just to hot for me!!!