Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race report week ending 4 August

Hello

please post on here your race report here by 7pm. Include your full name and that of the race with lots of detail on how it went for you.

Photos can be emailed to me at Sullivan_babs@hotmail.com

thanks

Re: Race report week ending 4 August

We traveled up to St Neots this morning for the 10K. Its a flat course with some wobbly bridges but well worth the trip.The route is on grass tracks, paths and roads so it made for an interesting course. The sun came out after about 5K which sent the temperature up to 27 degrees
- still a very enjoyable race. Helen did 1.07.06 - her first 10K in about 3 years and I finally managed to break 50 min finishing in 49.54. Lovely to see Ian, Glen, Andy, Ali and Kat there who were also running.

As Adam has said, a small bunch of squirrels made our way up the A1 to St Neots for the riverside runners' 32nd annual 10k race. It was a very hot and humid morning, and there were lots of persistent flies about, which made for some challenging running conditions! Mercifully the route was flat, with some nice variety in terrain and pretty scenery to distract us from the pain. We were rewarded for our efforts with an excellent, high-quality chunky medal, and a fetching purple technical t-shirt (although these were all rather on the snug side - perhaps the good people of St Neots are more petite than us strapping North Herts folk!)

Chip time results for the NHRR contigent are below:

Glyn Blakey: 0:47:48
Adam Wilson: 0:49:54
Andrew Coates: 0:50:57
Kat Gourd: 0:51:13
Ian Sutcliffe: 0:59:56
Ally Blunt: 1:00:58
Helen Wilson: 1:07:06

It was great to see everyone there, and well done to all! :)

Kat

I unexpectedly found myself taking part in the Clun Carnival race on Friday evening in Shropshire. I suppose this could be considered a fell race considering the steep climbs & descents off road, so steep that i had to walk in places & i was leading over the peaks. I clearly have to work on my descending however as i ended up 2nd by just 5 seconds, completing the incredibly tough 5.5 mile course in a time of 39.45

Darren Matussa and I took part in the SOAR mile on Friday evening at the Olympic Stadium warm up track in Stratford.

Darren was 1st up and ran a new PB of 5:09.

I was next in a race which also hosted the Women’s Elite mile and in a competitive field finished in a time of 4:51.

Great fun to run on the track graced by so many Olympians and international stars since 2012 with lots of support from Lane 4 which helped keep us strong in that tough final lap.

Pete Sibbett and Karen Dodsworth ran the Great Dunham park run on Saturday. Pete set a new club park run record for V55 of 18.54 (unless Andrew Leach ran a park run yesterday!). Karen completed the course in 25.53 and was delighted to nip under 26.

Blimey Adam - did you have to run over the Long Mynd??!!:scream: