Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report Week Ending 25th August

Rrrrreeeeeeaaaadddddddd alllllll abaht it.

I’m putting this up early because I will forget otherwise. Make sure you include names, quotes of daring do and if you are Paula Holm your age grading.

Thanks

Re: Press Report Week Ending 25th August

24 August. Came to Centerparcs Longleat for a family weekend and ended up running in the Old Showground parkrun in Frome, Somerset which is a few miles away. This event was born only last week. I came 95th out of 236 in a time of 27mins 25 secs. I came 5th out of 11 in the M65to69 category and an age grading of 62.32%.

This event is worth entering if you're in the area although, being a near 4 lap route, there is a lot of overlapping. Amusingly, nearly half the entrants were tourists.

Muller British Championships 5000m Race Walk
Alexander Stadium, Birmingham 25th August

Very happy to come through this race on a very hot day. It was a great experience to take part in a National Championships where the level of technical judging provides one of the the toughest challenges for race walkers. I'm guessing I was the oldest person competing on the day, certainly by 30 years in my own race. Injury earlier in the summer affected preparation but after being DQ'd at the Indoor Championships in February today was really just about staying in the race. I had a 30 second penalty close to the end but the pit lane rule enabled me to continue and complete it. The race was won by Callum Wilkinson in a new British Record.

Thanks Karen - I believe it was you shouting support, it was a day I will remember.

6th 25:06.32

David

Well done today.....we were all sitting on the finish straight, trying not to give you too much encouragement in case you over cooked it and got a yellow card. Fantastic to see a North Herts vest at a British champs. Lots of camaraderie evident from the other walkers, as I guess it's a smaller world than running, great to see them cheering you in at the finish. Very exciting to watch....lost my voice with all the shouting.

Oh, and didn't realise you were 59!! (think they might have got that wrong)

Thanks Mark - A mere 54 actually!