Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Standalone - please volunteer to help here

Hello to ALL NHRR squirrels 🐿

The Standalone 10k is only 4 weeks away! We have a full race with 1760 runners, it’s going to be big and amazing.
I need as many of you as possible to help, we’ll be needing we’ll over 100 volunteers to enable a safe and well managed event. We need marshals on the course and helpers at the farm.
PLEASE can you find some time to sign up on this thread if you are able to help on SUNDAY 6th OCTOBER, also do mention any particular job or marshal position you’d like to do and I will make sure the day works for you.
I will continually be checking this thread up until race day now so please post post post....
Also please feel free to ask me anything, I am always at training on a Tuesday night.

Many thanks

Paula (A)

Re: Standalone - please volunteer to help here

Happy to volunteer.

Awaiting orders sir! 😉

I’m v happy to help too! Ideally at or near standalone itself if poss, but don’t mind what job!

Hi Paula - would love to do Tshirts again, and could also do number collection early on Sunday or an early marshal point as required - whatever is most useful. Will also stay to help with the clear up, of course :smile:

Both James Keogh and me (Clare Hooley) are available but we prefer to be located near each other as I don’t drive - our usual spots near the Three Horseshoes/St Nicolas church??

Glad to help as a volunteer.

I can help - was on the bypass last year, happy to do that again

Happy to volunteer, whatever you need me for !

Just confirming that Karen is looking forward to working with Jo on the farm whilst Pete is start manager:)

I could rail run if you need one or help out

Happy to help marshal out on the course. Was at the by-pass last year.

Happy to marshall and cheer anywhere on the course or help out at the water station. And I can help set up the day before.

Happy to volunteer. I have been on water at the race finish last couple years and happy to do it again. Also setting up, registration, or anything else that needs going at the farm. Can start early.

Hi, I should be free to help... either marshal or giving out bib numbers the day before?

I would like to do registration and then T shirts please.
Sharon Gregson would like a marshal position near the start.

I would like to do water station half way round but can do something else if needed. Prefer not to do early set up.

I can do The Birches again. This works for me as I will have the kids and there isn't much traffic control and is over quite quickly.

Susan and I are happy to help on the Sunday ....can we Marshall together please?

I am available to marshal

Hi Paula can you include myself and tim as Marshall's and can we have the same place as usual please next to the the Two Chimneys

Happy to help. Was on corner between Cashio Lane & Croft Lane last year - this would be ideal as can then walk to the farm and help with the children's race too.

I’m happy to help, I will have my two children with me so if possible something like a water station please

Hi Paula,

Happy to lead the Bypass again.

Thanks
Vince

Does this include recruiting for registration?

Registration is on Thurs (4-7), Friday 2-7 and (12-4). There will be registration on the Sunday.

Thank you Paula

I would like to marshal near the start please

Count me in to help for the Sunday

I'll be able to help, usually somewhere near the farm please.

Would love to help, will have kids with me, cheering their Dad on, so somewhere near start finish would be useful...

Happy to help. I was on teas and coffees at the cross country and Greenway, so happy to do that again.

We are both happy to Marshall. First time for Viv so happy with anything. Last year lindsey covered two Marshall points- up on Grange, Orchard Rd/Lammas Rd junction then quickly back to Farm to marshall on corner at farm entrance. Worked really well so happy to do the same again or wherever you need me.

I'm happy to marshall. Can I be placed somewhere near Norton St Nicholas/Cashio Lane area.

Two teenagers and myself happy to cover 3 spots along Stotfold Road near Fairfield again like last year

Hi, myself and one jnr hoping to reclaim our spot on t-shirts if we can? Thanks!

Hi Paula,
I’m really sorry but I can’t help after all. Something has come up with my son. Really sorry I hate letting you down.
Dervla

Hi Paula

I'm happy to help on the bypass again

Happy to help before and after!

Happy to help with marshalling.

I was on Stotfold Road by Lower Wilbury Farm last time, it was a lovely spot so it would be nice to be there again :)

Colin is available to help on the Sunday only and is happy to do equipment as usual if required. Shirley would also like to marshal at her usual spot at the top of Bedford Rd:)

Happy to marshal!

I’m available to help all day on Sunday.

Happy to do a slot for numbers on saturday. Can help with pre race and post race jobs (children's fun run?)o Sunday. And feel very privileged to being asked to run. I will do my best. thank you 😊

Dear Chief Marshall Paula
Thank you for your message. Please count me in to help. I should be very grateful if I could be based somewhere near the farm so I can check in with my children who will be there. I think last year I was Marshall by the entrance to the farm just before the finish. Happy to do that again if that is convenient.
Thanks
Randeep

I am happy to volunteer, but Harry can't as he will be away.

I am able to marshall, preferably not too far out. Thanks.

I am able to help with anything x

Happy to Marshall

Happy to help on Sunday - as long as I can opt out of the ballot to run next year...

I'll be making sure our sponsors are happy, but very hapoy to do anything else compatible with that - eg helping at the start / finish.

James Walsh

Paula - as discussed yesterday, I'm happy to take responsibility for the T-shirt organisation and hand out. Just let me know where and when I need to be there to set up etc.

I am happy to help out where needed :)

Hi Paula

Happy to help, last year I was on Eastholm and finish funnel, please if possible can I do the same again.

Adam & Helen W at your service!

Hi paula happy to Marshall on the day

Please count me in to help on the day.

Hi,

Please could I be somewhere near the start. Don't mind marshalling but would like to come abck to the farm earlier :)

Thanks!

Rich and I are happy to do the water station again this year. Ellie

I'll be there to help. Do you want some music again? Happy to get some people together. If not will do anything.

Phil

Hi Paula, we are happy to Marshall together wherever needed! 😁

Andy Gordon (my husband) can help Baggage. He has done the job past 3 - 4 years. I can help anything after my run.

yes please. can i do the roundabout bypass/fairfield road, to close the road as required.

Happy to help at whatever is needed. Can help Saturday and Sunday if required

Hi
Happy to help. I was on Grange/Eastholm roundabout area last year, happy to be there again then I can get back to the farm for the children.
Thanks

Yes please Paula. Jamie & my Dad will help too.
:grinning:

Yes at Double roundabout on Hitchin Rd pls Mk d

Can help with garage /cones and signs saturday and water station at 5k sunday.

Happy to help.

Happy to help wherever needed

Happy to help on the Sunday

I can help. :grin: