Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 10th, Thurs 12th & Sat 14th Sept

As Pete and Karen are away this weekend we are posting next week's training:)

Wednesday is the Herts Vets 5km champs at Hatfield so if you racing then an easy run with strides on Tuesday and an easy recovery run on Thursday would be perfect. You may of course prefer a rest day before and/or after your race. However, knowing that not everyone will be racing we are also offering sessions.

Tuesday's session for blue group is 2 x 5/4/3/2 mins with 60s recovery along Howard Drive (where we do the mile rep run throughs. Green group session is 5-6 x 1200m along Broadway/South View with 90s active recovery and purple group have a 20 minute tempo run. Please note that with the new street lights no longer illuminating the pavement and the trees in our beautiful garden city still full of leaves there can be some areas of total darkness so please make sure you are wearing high viz and if you have a light please bring it.

On Thursday purple group session is 4 x 600m and 4 x 300m along Icknield Way whilst blue and green group have a 20 - 30min tempo run.

As always Brian will post yellow group training:)

Happy running squirrels!

Re: Training Tues 10th, Thurs 12th & Sat 14th Sept

Oops, just realised that I did not post Saturday’s track session. As I am away Pete will take track. Please post below if you would like to attend. £2 payable to FVS for track hire and 9.15am start.

Yes please for track on Saturday :+1:

Tuesday - Fartlek -7 x 3 mins (2 min easier running between each effort) around the town:

Thursday - 4 x 7 mins recovery 1 min/then 2 mins on Icknield Way.

Yes please for the track on Saturday 😀

I'll be at the track too! Thanks