Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Press report for week-ending 15th September

I run in the Hatfield 5K series yesterday (missed the first race) and complete the race
in 26.53 (65%) my best 5K race & PB.

Thank you, Andrew, for kicking off this thread and well done on your excellent performance.

I am on reporting duty this weekend, so please post your results and war stories here. Photos gratefully received at james.walsh60@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

I did the second hatfield and got my first sub 30 which I'm absolutely over the moon with didn't think I'd achieve it after a summer of working alot and not much running but on the night I decided to just run to feel I never looked at my watch and even had a lady from fairlands valley tell me I was her pacer! Me a pacer wow well let's just say she came in just behind me I finished in 29.49 I've waited a whole year for this moment after my best 5 k time was funnily enough at the same place in 30.45 so almost a minute off but yes first sub 30 yey

Stevenage 10k today I took the place of Monica thankyou Monica but my god I wish I'd stayed in bed lol 😂 hilly so hilly hot 🔥 too flipping hot worst 10k in a long time it was survival in the end..... So can we please not take too much interest in this performance and concentrate on my first sub 30 at hatfield 5 k Wednesday a minute PB from last year and my sub 30!! not my rubbish run today 1 hour 10

I ran the inaugural Stevenage 10k with quite a few other Squirrels this morning (who will post separately) and was thrilled to be first FV55 in a time of 52.04. It was tough running in the heat today. A good course and a well run event hosted by Stevenage Striders. Will email some pics.

Lucy O’Connor

A scurry of squirrels ran the inaugural Stevenage 10k today (Sunday 15th September). The event sold out quite a while ago, so quite a few of us only got places through some last minute begging or borrowing. Overall, team NHRR were very well represented at the event, with a healthy number of club vests at the front of the starting pen lineup before the mayor started the race.

It was a beautiful morning, but very warm (too warm!), which became increasingly apparent as we made our way along the course. I'm sure I also speak for the others when I say that never have I been so glad to run downhill into one of Stevenage's oh-so-glamorous - but gloriously shady - underpasses, yet also so full of trepidation about the inevitable uphill slog (often in full sun) that would follow! It was a very well organised event, but a surprisingly tough course, especially the second half, which seemed at times to be constantly uphill. After a final uphill 1km plod, with the last 400m apparently never-ending, we were rewarded for our efforts at the end with a nice medal, fetching red t-shirts, and the all important cake!

All the squirrels ran really well with some great performances, especially for the hot and hilly conditions, with Lucy winning the FV55 category, and Dervla coming second in the FV35 category (beaten only by the first lady!). I was first in the FS category (sadly they don't do prizes for that!) and got a new 10K PB of 48:57 which I am v pleased with, especially as I also got a new 5K PB this week at the Hatfield series race of 22:57 :)

Thank you to the Stevenage Striders for hosting and organising a very good event - if only it had been a few degrees cooler!

Chip time results for NHRR runners at the Stevenage 10K are below, with many apologies if I have missed anyone out:

Chris Poole: 46:59
Stuart Cocks: 47:13
Dervla Downing: 48:14
Steve Brenton: 48:30
Andrew Coates: 48:38
Kat Gourd: 48:57
Christian Allen: 50:35
Lucy O'Connor: 52:04
Dave Braybrook: 53:38
Allison Blunt: 59:22
Jennifer Naisbitt: 1:05:02
Anna Greetham: 1:07:06
Hayley Cocks: 1:10:54

Kat

Starting with Wednesday Hatfield 5k race seriers new pb of 20.26 also run Stevenage 10k in the heat went of to quick was a struggle from km 6,7 till the end but got there in the end in 47.12 not the best for me but ha ho always the next race lol

Jo Summers and I ran the inaugural Five Rivers Challenge Marathon today. A very well organised self navigating event which consisted of running three different loops all starting and finishing in Ware. The five rivers were Rib, Beane, Mimram, Lea and Ash. There were also 10k and half marathon options. All loops were very picturesque and perfect trail running, apart from a couple of major roads to cross. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to do something a bit different and not too far to travel. My watch ran out of battery having forgotten to charge it and there are no results yet, but I think I finished around 5.25. Jo was well in front of me!

Myself and Lewina ran the 2nd race in the Hatfield 5K series on Wednesday, both improving on our times in the first race and gaining PBs: me just by a few seconds (chip 23:48) but Lewina managed to knock off 45 seconds (chip 25:10).

Agree with all Sue said about this - really well run event and congratulations must go to the organisers as it was their first go at race organisation - although as both are members of the 100 Marathon Club they have a lot of experience in what they do/don't like about races! Fantastic route, excellent route description, perfect weather, only complaint was no jelly babies at the check points! Finished in 4.19, first lady and got a bottle of wine - which I am about to open!