Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 22nd September

Please post your race results here’s and send any cool pictures to membership@nhrr.org.uk.

Phil

Re: Press report for week ending 22nd September

WGC HALF MARATHON- Did this one last year & enjoyed it, but for some reason I found it particularly tough this time. Finished in 2:27:26. Just missed out on a medal, came 4th in my age group, must try harder

I also ran Welwyn half - my first half! I finished in 2 hours 35.53.

Ran the Norfolk Coastal marathon. A beautiful race taking in the AONB coastline from Holme next to Sea to Morston Quay. A hot day for a marathon but there was an unrelenting headwind which made the temp seem cooler but the distance longer! Discovered what it’s like to run (badly) on soft deep sand for a couple miles in Holkham, how to navigate marsh mud and beach worn shingle paths. Finished in 4:59:34 (unofficial). Highly recommend the route!

Γεια σας από την Ελλάδα!!!

Its been ages since I have posted anything mainly because I haven't done anything 🤦‍♀️ Being beach bum has made me very lazy 😔

However, today I got my trainers on and took part in the Ioannina Lake Run 30km. It was an opportunity to visit a differnt town in Greece and to kick my self back into action!!!

30km was perhaps 20km too far 😂 I managed it in a time that would mke a tortoise cry 🐢 (3.51) and when not listening to Stephen Fry's Heroes I was wondering how I had ever managed a marathon 🤔

But after my celebratory crepe and ice cream I will seriously consider "training" before I come back to join you all in November 😁

Clare Hooley and I (James Keogh) joined Vince Wright this morning for the “Steeple Chase 10k”. We had been planning a training run, but decided to enter this at the last minute after being alerted to it by Vince. This low-key event is an ~10k trail run through countryside around Steeple Morden with proceeds going to the local primary school. The route, which includes some normally private tracks, gave beautiful views across the fields, skirted the former airfield and included a long straight stretch of the Icknield Way trail. There were also cross country elements around field edges and a short distance across a ploughed field.
The weather was good, if a little warm, and the threatened thunderstorms didn’t materialise.
Haven’t seen any results, but I believe Vince was second and I was third in ~43 mins, just about keeping him in sight. Clare was pleased to finish in ~1hr 24mins, this being the first time she’s competed 10k after a couple of months off through injury. She would also like to thank Vince and me for providing her personal water station(!). There weren’t any official water stations, but importantly there was cake afterwards. Yummy.

Phil, there’s some details here on the Ridlins 5000m Challenge. Although we were 16 seconds behind 2nd place, rather than 6 as it says there.

NHRR sent two teams to the SEAA road relays at Crystal Palace.

Jim McConnel (19:02), Matt Sayers (19:05), Ed Price (19:05) and Mark Vaughan (19:25) ran the M40 race and finished as 4th M40 team overall.

Steve McKeown (20:35), Adrian Sherwood (21:30), Richard Harbon (tbc) and Pete Sibbett (tbc) ran the M50 race.

(Times to be confirmed.)

The SEAA relays are a prestigious event that provide road runners from across the South of England a great opportunity to race alongside some of the country's best. Once again, NHRR equipped themselves well and produced creditable performances all round. A fantastic day!

On Wednesday night I took part in the VAC 10,000 metre championships at the Millenium Arena in Battersea Park.

My 1st time taking part in this distance on the track and front running a pack for 18 laps certainly cost me places in the later stages but I finished in a time of 34:45 which I was pleased with.

That was enough to rank as the 3rd V35 and the 1st Eastern Masters V35.

Certainly keen to get on the track (likely next year now) and build on the learnings from this one.

Hi,

Jo Harbon, Andrew Porter and myself ran the St Paul’s Walden Burt 10K race this morning. Incredibly hard one the heat mixed with never ending ups and downs meant we were all a bit slower than usual! Lovely views though as usual and lovely ground too!

Matt - 55:39
Jo - 58:54
Andrew - 1:01:55

I’ve also emailed a photo to you!

Great Barrow Challenge has ventured into the murky world of laps... Today (and yesterday) was a 6 hour event, 6.55 mile loop, added interest by running loops 1 and 3 clockwise and loops 2 and 4 anti-clockwise. Suffolk is not flat. The loops were not flat. Neither clockwise nor anti-clockwise. I admit to struggling with some of the hills - or maybe it was just because my brain doesn't cope very well with laps. Finished in 4.06, first lady and took 42 minutes off the female course record which was set yesterday. As this is going to become a monthly event I doubt my record will stand for long!