Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weekly Press Report week ending 6th October

Hi All!

I get to write the report this week which will feature the incredible race that is the Standalone 10k!

Please post full name, race and time below and do include comments about the race by 7pm.

Please send photos to paulaschmaula@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks,

Paula

Re: Weekly Press Report week ending 6th October

Oh my goodness where do I start? It was a complete privilege to be asked to run for the ladies at standalone and was so nervous before the race started. I had a few moments of why am I dong this? Then somebody said something to me before the race started and I realised exactly why I was doing it. I suddenly turned my nerves into excitement. I knew I went off too fast but it felt good. The marshalls were amazing all the way round and I felt I was just In my own personal race with my own personal supporters. A tricky mile 5 but apparently so did most people then felt stronger for the end. I was thrilled to get a Pb at 44.02 chip time and win the over 55 ladies race. Thank you to everyone who marshalled and cheered so I could run. 😁

Caroline
Oh my goodness where do I start? It was a complete privilege to be asked to run for the ladies at standalone and was so nervous before the race started. I had a few moments of why am I dong this? Then somebody said something to me before the race started and I realised exactly why I was doing it. I suddenly turned my nerves into excitement. I knew I went off too fast but it felt good. The marshalls were amazing all the way round and I felt I was just In my own personal race with my own personal supporters. A tricky mile 5 but apparently so did most people then felt stronger for the end. I was thrilled to get a Pb at 44.02 chip time and win the over 55 ladies race. Thank you to everyone who marshalled and cheered so I could run. 😁
Completed the Willow 10k in 54 mins and 40 seconds a really worthwhile cause that I have finally done

Completed the willow 10k in 54 mins and 40 seconds for a really worthwhile cause that I have finally done

WARSAW MARATHON- SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
What a wonderful marathon, extremely well organised, so many toilets I think the longest I queued was a whole 2 minutes & so many on route also, plenty of drink stations with both water & isotonic, bananas & sweets along the way, local bands playing plus a very pleasing route & a wonderful city to visit, I give it 5 stars. Finished 5:14:01

I did the Great Barrow Challenge marathon on Saturday. Four laps of 6.55 on an undulating course with a mixture of road and trail. I finished in 4.43. 😊