Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report Week Ending 20th October

Cheers

Re: Press Report Week Ending 20th October

Completed the Teignmouth Park run in 25 mins and 12secs and for the first time came 1st in my age category

Hi David - I watched some valiant Squirrels do the very hilly Ampthill Trophy 10k this morning. I saw Ollie (young lad - not sure of his surname)and Dickie Harbon - both of whom may have won something I think, but not certain, Andrew Porter, Miranda Morgan, Hannah Keeble and Brian Judkins. I don't have people's times but hopefully they will post them. I did take a few photos - where should I send them to, please?

Hi Linda. Photos can go to westondavid2@gmail.com. Thanks

On Saturday I ran for the East of England xc team taking on Cambridge Uni & the RAf at Nowton Park in Bury St Edmunds. I finished the 6 mile course in 35:25 to claim 30th place

I ran the Yorkshire Marathon today, it was a lovely course. The weather held off until about 2 miles from the end when the heavens opened. I finished in 05:07:58 which is another Post injury PB by 14 minutes.

Hi Dave,

The following ran the Ampthill Trophy today. Great event as always. Hard course but great views and really good start to the XC season

Ollie Brady 1st MU20 41.11 9th overall.
Richard Harbon 34th 47.11
Andrew Porter 103rd 62.59 1st V70
Miranda Morgan 46th 66.19
Hannah Keeble 62nd 70.12
Brian Judkins 123rd 75.13

Thank you to Linda and Jo for their support.

Richard

I ran the Great South Run in Portsmouth today in 1:30:42. A lovely sunny day, nice flat course and lots of support the whole way round.

I also raced the great South run today. I came 77th out of 20,000,in a time of 58:13, to set a new pb. It is an emotional race for me as my grandparents lived there and I went to uni and met my wife there.

The running gods were on our side as the infamous wind had changed direction. This resulted in a tail wind for the final 2 miles along the seafront.

This was my 3rd time doing this race and I really recommend it. It is well organised and a great course.

I (Clare Hooley) competed in the Cambridge Town and Gown 10k race this morning. This is a charity race in aid of Muscular Dystrophy UK. It has the attraction of being a very fast flat course and takes in the main sights of Cambridge. It starts from Midsummer Common before going along the backs, past King’s College, along the river Cam and back to the start area. There were about 2300 competitors, so the start was in waves.
I had wanted to do this last year but couldn’t owing to injury. This year was in doubt for some time, but I was pleased to be able to race today.
My chip time was 1:10:09, position 2133. James Drew is also listed in the results for NHRR at 50:11, position 858.

Hi Dave

Myself and Darren Sunter travelled up to York to run the Yorkshire Marathon.

I ran it as a goal marathon and Darren as a trainer for Valencia marathon in December.

I finished in 2:45:00 in 75th place and Darren in 2:53:25.

Happy to register a PB and some big progression from London 2019.

Hopefully I can kick on and really deliver at the marathon distance in future races.

Stewart

Chelmsford marathon for me. Very well organised, lovely gently undulating route, plenty of water stations, ate my body weight in Haribo gummy bears, plenty of nearby carparks, a beautiful day, what more could I ask for? I've said before that this is a fast course and today proved me right. I have to confess that my training consists of running 20 mins a day at paces varying from very easy to fast-ish (for me!) with something a bit longer once a week. On the back of that I ran every step today and finished in 3.46 which is my fastest run this year. It was also my 50th sub-4 so I am quite pleased with myself!

Great new PB. Well done