Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
50 sub-4s...

Running my 50th sub 4 marathon was a goal I set myself about 18 months ago. I thougth it would have happened sooner than this but last summer and this spring/summer life just got in the way. Anyway, being on 49 and knowing Chelmsford is a fast course it was well on the cards for today. I arrived at Race HQ even less prepared than usual - I realised yesterday evening I had no sports drinks in my house and would have to run with just water and then under estimated how long it would take to get there and arrived at the start half way through the race briefing and had to dismantle the barriers to get into the start pen (assisted by other 100 Club runners) with about 3 mins to spare.

The start was a bit congested but that is never a bad thing as it stops people from running too freely too early. I passed the 4 hour pacers at about 2 miles so knew all I had to do was stay ahead of them and I'd be fine. I was running comfortably so decided not to look at my Garmin until mile 20 at which point I would know for sure if sub-4 was on the cards or not. 20 miles - 2.54 - game on! I knew then I could walk and still get home sub 4 but, as you may have guessed, far from slowing down I started to up the pace, ran my last quarter 6 mins quicker than the previous 3 and my last mile was by about a minute the fastest of the run. Finished in 3.46.

Not only was it my 50th sub-4 marathon and allowing for 2 names I know are missing, I think I have now also run sub-4 as many times as we have had female club members who have ever run sub-4...

Re: 50 sub-4s...

Wow, just wow!

Re: 50 sub-4s...

Fantastic Jo! Very well done! 😊