Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FREE Cross Country Number giveaway!

I’ll be at the club at 7:00 starting this Tuesday and Thursday with the Three Counties XC league race numbers.

I’ll have safely pins too, so you can pin your number on for training - if you are worried about having to look after it during a session.

So the positive side of the rain we having recently is that each and every drop that falls is an extra little bit of fun being prepared for us... the dark mornings and evenings are also something to cherish as it means the cross country is drawing closer and closer. :partly_sunny_rain:

Very exiting! :grinning:

The first fixture is Wellingborough on Sunday November 3rd. :spiral_calendar_pad:

fixtures are as follows

• 3rd November 2019 - Wellingborough and District

• 24th November 2019 - Leighton Fun Runners

• 8th December 2019 - Wootton Road Runners

• 15th December 2019 - North Herts Road Runners

• 12 January 2020 - Dunstable Road Runners

Cross country is free for all members, there are 5 races in the league. You use the same number for all 5 races - so please keep the number once you collect it. Please do not throw it away until the end of the season.

You also need a club vest.

If you run at least 4 races then you will be given an overall position in the league and will be legible for category trophies. If you can’t make 4 or more, then run what you can. Every Little Helps. We need runners at every race to help the team. Even if you do not score directly, you will contribute by pushing other team scorers backwards. You will also add to the team spirit.

I have a 500g tub of Strawberry REGO as a raffle prize. Anybody who collects their number from me BEFORE the day of first race will be entered. I.e. entries close 23:59 Saturday 2nd (although I’ll be asleep then...) That gives you 2 weeks. You can also collect it after this deadline... even if you have no intention of running, if you collect your number, you’ll be entered. Then again, if you have your number, why not use it? The numbers deserve to get muddy. It’s their destiny!

There will be further raffles after each race for those that ran the previous event.

We are once again defending champions overall. :trophy: The ladies also have a championship to defend and the men have a chance to improve on runners up.

If you haven’t done cross country before, why not give it ago. It’s super fun! And there’s tremendous team spirit. We also get a free tea/coffee, a sandwich and cake afterwards. :cake: :coffee:

If you don’t fancy running, we always need supporters! So come along and run and/or cheer the super squirrels through a new XC season :clap:

If you have any questions, then please ask me or talk to your coach.

#BELIEVE
#TeamNHRR
#MudSweatTears
#CowBells
#EveryoneMatters - that’s all that matters

Re: FREE Cross Country Number giveaway!

Yee ha...here we go again!

Swimming trunks, armbands and / or rubber rings are optional for the first fixture!

Can't wait....

#DFYM!

Ah, love the XC season! Gutted I am injured :-( will have to come and watch instead...

Me too, Lindsay :cry: Can't run, but will be there to support!:

Pete ad I hope to run and I'll definitely be supporting my NHRR tattoo!!

Why not come to Chicksands and enjoy an off-road session on Saturday, 9:00.

Chicksands session meeting point is Rowney Warren Carpark, Sandy Ln, Southill, Shefford SG17 5QB

The raffle ticket give away continues tonight at the club. Come along and collect your raffle ticket number before training... :+1: