Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
press report for week ending Sunday 3 November

Hello

Please post your race reports below before 7pm, include your full name, race name and how you got on.

Any photos please email me at sullivan_babs@hotmail.com

Rotterdam Winterserie 19/20

Sunday 3rd Nov

Rotterdam Winterserie 19/20

10k Racewalk.

I caught an early train with my bike south from Amsterdam to Rotterdam for the first of the Winter series hosted by the Rotterdamse Wandelsport Vereniging Club.

10 laps around a park on a bright autumn morning.

2nd 47:51 PB

Dave.

Re: press report for week ending Sunday 3 November

XC isn’t for me, but I’ve been looking at a poster for the Bonfire Burn 10k from my office window for several months, so it seemed rude not to enter...

Although billed as a trail 10k, this is a very flat course. The first 5k is particularly fast as it follows the guided busway out from Histon (north Cambridge), a route I know well as I commute it - by bike - it seems a lot longer on foot! The second 5k is a little slower as it is mostly off road. I only saw one other squirrel (sorry, results as yet don’t seem to have the club on), but plenty of support on the route from marshals, scouts and other runners.
Results: me, Clare Hooley, 778th of 824, 01:12:17

All profits from this race go to the Histon and Impington recreation ground.

Well done all you cross countryers! I did marlow half marathon today, which had potential to turn into a cross country race with all that rain, but turned out to be perfect weather. It's a really hilly course everything is either up, very up or very down, but it's really really scenic and I knocked about 2 minutes off my time from 3 years ago. I came in at 1:44:11. With all those hills I was pleased with that. (Caroline thrussell)

Hi all,

I've just completed my 2nd Bonfire Burn 10k through Histon, Impington and Cambridge today and am very happy to have scored a 10k PB of 49.41, over a minute faster than my previous effort. Its a nice flat, multi-terrain course running along the Cambridge guided busway, around the Cambridge science park and along a series of country footpaths & trails back to the village. Its a great well organised, chip-timed event of nearly 1000 runners.

Nice meeting my fellow squirrel Clare there too.

Thanks
Richard