Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report Week Ending Sunday 10th November

Hi All,

Please post race reports including your full name, event name and distance and your time and tales by 7pm this evening.

Please send any photos through to paulaschmaula@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Paula

Re: Press Report Week Ending Sunday 10th November

Completed the Poppy Day half marathon at Walton on the Thames in a new PB time of 2 hours 3 mins and 24 sec taking 7mins of my previous PB

I took part in the Remembrance Run Essex 10k race in Saffron Walden on Saturday. It was a fairly flat 2-lap course around the former Debden Airfield, which is now used as a British Army base. I was the only squirrel there, which felt a bit strange as I haven't done an event on my own in ages!
It was a very chilly morning, which I think spurred me along to run faster, and I was really pleased to get a new 10k PB of 47:24.
Thanks!
Kat

Hiya
Jim McConnel went west to a very soggy Cirencester Cross Duathlon on remembrance sunday.
The course was all off road...2mile xc run, 10mile MTB bike, 2mile xc run.
Around 100 folk turned out for the main event at 10am.
The lead switched between 3 of the men across the race but by pushing hard on a technical part at the end of the bike I managed to squeak a gap into the 2nd run and pull away to win by over 30 seconds. 1h 07 total time.
A short but super hard day out testing every undertrained core muscle I possess.