Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 12th, Thurs 14th & Sat 16th November

Tuesday's training for blue group is a change from the schedule and will be 5 x 1M on the Hward Drive/Penn Way loop with 90s recovery. Green group have a fartlek of 2/3/4/5/4/3/2 mins with half rep recovery or if you prefer a consistent recovery because it's easier to work out, 2mins:) Yellow group's session is 8 x 400m on Icknield Way with 90s recovery whilst purples have 3-4 x 1000m on the St Francis/West View loop with a walk round recovery.

On Thursday there will be a club handicap 5km run. This is open to everyone and you don;t have to try and run fast!! You simply write down the time you are going to run in either whole minutes or whole minutes plus 30 seconds and that's when you start. So if I was going to try and run fast I might put down 26.30 whilst if I fancied an easier run I might day 34 minutes. We will be using the Icknield Way/Cowlsip Hill/Wilbuty Rd/Green Lane/Icknield Way loop finishing at the Honda garage. Faster runners can use the 15 mins before they start to warm up thoroughly:) I will have the sheets to sign up on both Tuesday and Thursday and there will be a prize for 1 person from each group but it won't be for closest to handicap or fastest as I'm going to let you wear your watch. If anyone is injured an is willing to help please post below. Head torches or chest lights would be useful as Cowslip Hill has some very dark patches.

On Saturday I am offering a session at Chicksands which will be suitable for all abilities although trail shoes would be very helpful as the ground is very soft. You will need to be willing to run or walk up and down hills! Meet at Rowney Warren car park at 8.55 for prompt 9am departure. We will finish at 10am. Please post below if you are intending to come.

Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tues 12th, Thurs 14th & Sat 16th November

I'd like to come Saturday to chicksands, Karen. Won't be pushing hard as it is st neots on Sunday but I d love it there so don't want to miss an opportunity πŸƒπŸ½‍♀️πŸŒ²πŸŒ³πŸŒΏπŸ‚πŸ

Karen - I am happy to help with the 5k on Thurs night if you need me.

Yes please Linda, that would be great:)

I would like to do chicksands please