Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league. Event 2/5. Wing. 24th Nov

Its race week! :raised_hands: The second cross country league race is this Sunday! :grinning:

After a two year gap, we are returning to the course at Wing. After 2016, LFR have not hosted as they were the league chair. Now the chair is NRR, we have Wing back on the calendar.

We need as many Squirrels :chipmunk: running round Ascott House National Trust Estate as possible to keep our momentum going and to build on the success we had at Wellingborough.

The course is suitable for trail/studs or spikes. :feet:

Here is the weather report. Currently MetOffice says 20% chance of precipitation. :rain_cloud: And the JohnOffice is predicting predicting 100% chance of fun. :heart_eyes:

I have seen some pictures of the cow bath :cow2: and its a bit disappointing as not as full as it was.

I will be at the club Tuesday/Thursday with the numbers if you need to collect it. I also have them on race day. Although if you need to collect it race day, please make sure you get there early as I will be warming up too.

N.B. you use the same race number for all races, so if you have it already then you don't need another one.

Please post below to arrange lift shares.:car:

#TeamNHRR
#BELIEVE
#DFYM
#MudSweatTears
#EveryoneMatters - That's all that matters

Host Club

• Leighton Fun Runners

Date / Time

• Sunday 24th November 2019, 10:30 a.m.

• Cottesloe School, Aylesbury Rd, Wing, Leighton Buzzard

• Postcode for Race HQ: LU7 0NY

Facilities

• The Race HQ is at Cottesloe School, Wing, LU7 0NY

• Yummy rolls, cakes and hot drinks are available after the race back at HQ.

• Parking is limited at the Race HQ so please car share where possible.

• Please ONLY park in the school grounds, and not on the road side or in Wing. (If runners/spectators park outside the school LFR will be prevented from hosting the race in future. And that would be sad).

• The race start is approx. 5-10 minute walk on pavement from the HQ and involves crossing a main road. Please listen to the marshals instructions. The route to the start will be signed and there will be marshals on hand to direct you.

• There are limited toilets in the HQ. There are no facilities at the start.

• PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIRTY SHOES, XC STUDS OR SPIKES TO BE WORN IN THE HQ. We will be checking 😉

• There are no changing facilities inside the HQ.

• Any baggage left at race HQ is left entirely at the owners risk and LFR accept no responsibility in respect of the same. Please remember to take all your race gear home with you. We really don’t want muddy trainers, shorts or mobile phones.

Course notes

• The start & finish are approx 5-10 min walk on pavement from the HQ.

• The course runs through Ascott House National Trust Estate. PDF MAP

• Please keep to the marked route, do not cut corners across the fields and do listen to the marshals. Do not litter.

• The course is just over 5 miles.

• The first field is run round twice before heading off for a one loop lap. The first field has longer grass than previous years and is uneven in places, please take care!

• The course map (attached pdf) will also be able to view on the day

Re: Three Counties XC league. Event 2/5. Wing. 24th Nov

100% chance of fun sounds good to me, I'm in!

Where can I download the JohnOffice app?

We’ll be there, love the Wing course:)

I will be there to support and can take numbers at the end again - this is really a two-Squirrel job so if anyone else can help that would be absolutely fabulous :heart_eyes:

Is the parking likely to be an issue or is it exaggerated?

If you can't park outside the school and parking is limited in the school what happens if it's full when you get there?

I don't think it has changed from previous years, and they all highlight limited parking / lift share opportunities.

Never had a problem before, just get there early (09:00-09:30)

Hi Linda, I'm happy to help as I'm planning to come and cheer.

I am hoping to come along and support too

I have one space available in my car if anyone wants a lift from Letchworth. Jo Sopala and James Keogh will be your fellow passengers.

Thank you to Linda and Jo for taking scores for us :+1:

And to travelling supporters.

It’s a bit random, but I’ve just had a message from the host club saying that Ascott House have requested that no dogs be on the grounds. This includes the start field also and even on areas classed as public right of way...

Squirrels and cowbells are fine. We need as many squirrels as possible on the grounds.

#XCFundaySunday
#BELIEVE

More instructions...

Please can runners not go to the start field until instructed to do so. This will be around 10am.

This is because at 9:30 - the farmer will be moving the cattle out of the field.

Unable to run this one due to a cold for 2 weeks really disappointed to be missing it.

I now have 2 spaces as James K has had to drop out.

First xc of the season today and I absolutely loved it- well done team on winning EVERYTHING, great Marshalls and food, and great company. Now chilllin....😀