Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mulligatawny Christmas Eve

We invite you all to abandon your shopping on Christmas Eve and come running over the wonderful pegsdon hills with your running buddies. Meet at 9.30 in lilley, wear your tinsel and be stress free! The entire route is about 7 miles but there are shorter versions!
We are just waiting to see if we can get the hall so that we can have some food afterwards in the warm - we will keep you updated on this x

Re: Mulligatawny Christmas Eve

Sounds great! Do you have a post code or URL for where we will meet?

I'm hoping to be able to come but also depends if there are similar abilities etc

Hayley - I'm hoping to bimble round a shorter route, probably about 3 miles and at a very easy pace (walking up the hills) as I can't manange much more at the moment - I just want to go for the refreshments afterwards .... :smile:

Well up for this!

We have managed to get the village hall for the morning so we can enjoy a coffee and grub in the warm - if possible, we may be able to use this area for children to play to give some people a chance to run. If anyone is able to help out at the hall to put on the urn and help with children please post here - as usual we hope that everyone will be able to bring some food to share and we can have a great morning away from the hustle and bustle!
village hall postcode is LU2 8LH.

Thanks Linda work permitting I'll be there sounds perfect to me .

Wouldnt miss it-the best part of christmas! 🎄🏃🏼‍♀️⛰

Race committee -
We have managed to get the village hall for the morning so we can enjoy a coffee and grub in the warm - if possible, we may be able to use this area for children to play to give some people a chance to run. If anyone is able to help out at the hall to put on the urn and help with children please post here - as usual we hope that everyone will be able to bring some food to share and we can have a great morning away from the hustle and bustle!
village hall postcode is LU2 8LH.
we'll all come, I think Gary will run and then i will hang around with the children at the hall...one of these options is a lot more tiring than the other...

Im hoping to cycle over to see everyone and will bring some food.

I will definitely come along to see everyone and help where I can (depending on whether Maddie is awake or asleep). Would love to run it though...anyone going to be there who is not running and likes chasing crawling babies around?

Kat

Loved the one we did in the summer so hope to be there but got loads on so will have to nip off straight away if I can squeeze it in!

I would like to join you all, i haven’t run in a while. Is there going to be a slower group I can join please ?

Will be there! Best way to start Christmas celebrations off!!

Cant wait! Especially the soup!

Matt

I'm comming. I plan to run.

Plan to be there - not to be missed.
Prepared to lead an intermediate group, if we do Cardiac Hill (?) then it will be around 5.5 miles (9K).

I plan to be there. Taken the day off specially for it. Whss AS t food should I bring anyone?

I plan to be there. Taken the day off specially for it. What food should I bring anyone? 🥧🍪🍵☕️

Looking forward to it :)

I’m hoping to be there with my mum, who I’m hosting for Christmas. I’m not sure if I’ll run or not but will bring food!

I don't think I'm going to be able to run this after all as hills are definitely not my friends at the moment. I may do a very easy jog round the village - or just walk a short section of the Mulli route. This should mean, however, that I can be at the hall for most of the time and help set up for the refreshments - every injury has a silver lining :wink:

Will defo be there!

I won't be running but will call in en route to visiting relatives. Hope to be there by 10

Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to seeing you all on Christmas Eve!

We will be doing some soup and bread but please if you could bring some nibbles that would be wonderful.

Also we will be doing tea and coffee so don't forget to bring your own mug/ cup!

Don't worry there will be different groups to cater to all running abilities

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Social team

x

Best to wear trail shoes? Anyone need a lift from Letchworth? 🎅

Linda Aird
I don't think I'm going to be able to run this after all as hills are definitely not my friends at the moment. I may do a very easy jog round the village - or just walk a short section of the Mulli route. This should mean, however, that I can be at the hall for most of the time and help set up for the refreshments - every injury has a silver lining :wink:
Linda, I'm unable to run too so would like to join you for a walk please.

Jim - I've just looked at Google maps and reckon there is a circuit of just under 2 miles, going from the start of the Mulli route, which I think would be walk/joggable. Trail shoes probably best as some of it is off-road.

Reckon my lot could manage 2 mike's too...and will need exercising!