Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league. Event 5/5. Dunstable. 12th Jan

Its race week!!!! :raised_hands:

The season finale is this Sunday at Dunstable. This is a last race shoot out for the ladies and mens competitions. :muscle:

We need every runner possible! Please please please come and run. Every squirrel counts! :pray:

Ever if you do not score directly, you will be pushing other teams backwards and in the combined competition, everybody competes against everybody else, this is not an aggregate competition of the men and ladies added together, it is a different, separate competition. Every person you are ahead off reduces your score. So the more runners we have, the better. As you make other team scorers score more.

As we found out at Standalone, we can turn out a good team and still get defeated, so we need to turn out our very best team possible. This means numbers. Please don't think that because somebody else is going that the team is OK, we will be better off with everybody possible. We need you! If you don't run, you will be missed! Especially me, I miss everybody that isn't there :hugging_face:

The season clean sweep is so close, come along and be part of it. Whether we manage to pull it off or not, every squirrel that tries to make it happen can be super proud. I know everybody will be running with the heart on the sleeve and whatever will be, will be. Que sera sera..

We have had 61 individual squirrels turn out this year so far. I'd love to get that above 70.

12 super star squirrels have run ever race so far, so hoping that will be 12 still after Sunday.

Even if you are not a fan of XC, why not come along and help us out. Christmas is over and training resumes, what better way than some off road tempo work - great! Its only one race - maybe you can celebrate the fact that after this race, I will not have anymore announcements to do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you need further convincing - you get :free: :coffee: and :cake: afterwards :+1:

Dunstable is a great course too. You can wear either spikes or studs. There's a short section where the spikes are a little tricky, but you can go on the edge.

I need to find out which way round we are running it, as we have done so both ways in recent years. I will post when found out.

The Weather is looking good.

Every runner gets entered into the runners raffle for SIS supplements. :pill:

If you can't run, then we always need supporters. So please come and cheer. :speaking_head_in_silhouette:

We also need a couple of people to do our score sheet, so please let me know if you can do that. :writing_hand:

Race HQ is only 19 miles from the Spirella building.

Please post below to arrange car sharing :car:

#BELIEVE
#TeamNHRR
#EveryoneMatters
#DFYM
#MudSweatTears
#XCSundayFunday

Host Club

• Dunstable Road Runners Club

Date / Time

• 12th January 2020 / 10:30am

• Creasey Park Community Football Centre, Creasey Park Drive, Dunstable, Bedfordshire (01582 667555)

• Postcode: LU6 1BB

• Directions

Parking

• Race parking for 203 cars is situated a short two minute walk away from the race HQ at the Central Bedfordshire Council Offices Car Park.

• Access to the car parks is made via North Station Way.

• We will have Marshall's on duty to assist you in finding a space.

• We urge you all to try and lift/car share on the day.

• In the event that the council car park becomes full, alternative on street parking can be found close to the HQ or at the race HQ but this can become very busy on most Sunday mornings with the local footballers using CPCFC HQ.

Facilities

• The Race HQ is a modern facility which offers us plenty of men's and ladies toilets and changing/ shower facilities.

• Please be aware though that there are no toilet facilities at the start of the race.

• Toilets and changing facilities will be sign indicated at Race HQ.

• After the race, rolls, cake and hot drinks will be available in our marquee.

• There will also be a pay bar available for those who require something stronger to drink.

• PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE OUTSIDE SHOES, XC STUDS OR SPIKES TO BE WORN IN THE FACILITY/CLUB.

Runners notes/Course

• Please note the race start is 10-15 minute walk (0.6 miles) from the Race HQ.

• The course winds its way through the undulating countryside known locally as Green Lanes, Tottenhoe Knolls and the Maidenbower.

• The 1 lap course of approximately 5 miles is a mixture of bridalways and footpaths and are mostly grass with several short Stoney or gravel sections.

• The course route is usually quite muddy.

• The course map will be available on the day as well as on our website.

• Please also be aware that whilst the course will be marshalled and the local community notified beforehand of the race, the general public will still have free access to this area on the day and the area is a popular spot with dog walkers, ramblers and horseriders.

• Please remember as runners that we do not have exclusive use of this course on the day.

• NOTE for the walk to the race start will be on normal footpath/road - please use appropriate footwear.

• The route to the start will be clearly sign indicated.

Re: Three Counties XC league. Event 5/5. Dunstable. 12th Jan

John - I am happy to come and take the scores again, hopefully someone else will be able to help as well.

Thank you Linda and Jo for making the score sheet team :pray:

Very much appreciated :+1:

I will be able to help.

Will be there plodding along somewhere outside the scoring :D

Direction is clockwise.

So we go down ‘heartbreak hill’ first, then wind our way back up...

And there’s some very muddy pictures on Facebook of the course.

I will be there on Sunday.

Looking at the photo's on the 3CXC Facebook page, I will be wearing spikes.

The route looks to be the same as last year, ie clockwise

Count me in. Looking forward to it πŸ‘πŸ»

I'll be there!

#doingπŸ‘

Will be there to help and support. See you all there!

Hi John

Happy to give XC a go and fool other teams into a slower pace πŸ˜† how would I go about getting a race number? Matt

I think I have only run this anti-clockwise. Do I have to pace differently for clockwise...not that I ever actually pace myself and normally just head off way too fast and die after 400m?

Hi Matt, fantastic! I will sort you a number.

Please collect it from me on the day.

Just checking- you also need a club vest to race in. Everybody must run in club vest or they may be disqualified.

Please get there early to collect the number. I aim to get there an hour before the start.

David, pacing plan is full blast the whole way! πŸ‘Œ

It’s a faster start going clockwise as you go down a long way first. You then come back up a bit more gradual then anti-clockwise.

Both ways have a tough finish, so save a little bit.

I wouldn’t worry too much about changing your pacing strategy.

What are we putting on our feet tomorrow? Is the course suitable for 15mm spikes?

Cheers
John

John, I’m wearing studs. My personal preference.

I would probably wear a shorter spike. There’s a few stoney bits.

Normal recommendation of bring both, so you can make a choice on the day. After checking the course and asking around.

If I were running in spikes, I would probably put some worn 12’s in.

Maybe, just maybe... I have no idea why anyone is debating whether to wear studs or spikes, I think over knee wellies might be the best choice!