Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 19th January

Hi,

Please post race reports below, including your full name and all relevant details. Anything quotable is always appreciated. Please send pics to john.michael.auld @googlemail.com

The deadline is 7pm this evening.

Thanks in advance,
John

Re: Press report for week ending 19th January

Saturday 18th January

Enfield Race Walking League
5 Miles

This was the first race of the 2020 season.

1st 38:00 PB

Dave

FOLKSWORTH 15 - Sunday 19th January - Time 2:46:25

One lonely squirrel ran today, last time I ran this race was in 2011 in a time of 2:29:05 & I took my friend Lindsey, whom I know rememberers it very well because the weather was atrocious, freezing blizzard. Today the sun was out but there were some very dangerous black ice patches to be mindful of. All in all very pleased with my run & time

Funny story- this was my 1st event in the next category of V65 only to find the last ladies category was V60 hey ho

Essar Four Villages Half Marathon

I ran this race today in a chip time of 01:20:53 finishing 111th. After what feels like weeks of rain and wind, it was a pleasant surprise to race in still, dry conditions, albeit barely above freezing by the time I finished and in fog most of the way round.

An interesting route for me, as the last time I was on most of these lanes would have been more than 30 years ago on my push bike, as it goes through villages near where I grew up. Though to be fair one bit of fog looks pretty much like another.

Didn't really know what to expect after 6 months of not racing, and just two weeks of training after a bit of a lay off, so pleasantly surprised with 6:05/mile according to my Garmin distance. This was a qualification race for the England Masters half marathon team, and unsurprisingly I didn't trouble the qualifiers, finishing 11th in the MV50 age group.

Quite a few squirrels attended the Fred Hughes 10 today in St Albans. A very well organised race on a scenic undulating course taking in some of the Hertfordshire countryside. I managed to bag a new 10 mile PB coming in at 1.09.58.

I (Lucy O’Connor) ran with a scurry of squirrels at the Fred Hughes 20 mile race in St Albans. I managed a time of 1:25:05. A pleasant undulating course but a bit icy in places. It was otherwise perfect running weather - cold and sunny. The t shirt we all got is almost as nice as the Beast and the Standalone ones.

I’ll email you a photo of us.

Hi John,

Fred Hughes 10 was the home of the Herts County Champs this morning. Race HQ is St Columba’s College where I went to school. This is an excellent thing as I take my time walking around the school hall and corridors channelling the repressed child in me to churn out a fast race. Those near me on the race could often hear me shout out different teachers names in anger as I sped on. Clearly works as I knocked exactly one minute off my 10 mile PB getting over the line in 1hr 8mins 32seconds. Nearly as long as a Saturday detention.

The race is always well organised, fast and scenic. They used the alternate route this year due to flooding which meant a mile out, two 4 mile loops and a mile back. Course was undulating but not too challenging with only a couple of steep hills. Pleased to come 119th overall and 65th in the Herts County Champs.

Thanks

That should say 10 miles John. But I’m sure you realised my mistake.

I ran the Fred Hughes 10 miles in St Albans today. It was an undulating but scenic course. It was sunny and cold but ideal running conditions. I got a chip time of 1:20:45 which is a new PB

I ran the Fred Hughes 10 miles. Chip time 1:25:53

Fred Hughes

A great well organised frosty race in the company of fellow squirrels saw me finish with a pb of 1:24:51

Matt

I also done the Fred Hughes 10 mile in 1.13.52

I thought you'd run round twice Lucy! :joy:

Sorry probably too late! I ran the 10 miler at St Albans too, chip time 1:17:23. A fantastic race!
Thank you